I need to know do I or don't I send my daughter back to school tomorrow?

Hi I am at the point where I feel like home schooling her she is 17 and a special needs child well this cold she has started on March 19th she has allergies so I thought it may have been that no a cold okay I get medicine she does not go to school Monday okay goes Tuesday they call saying her nose was running the teacher and here one on one aide bring her home her nose does not run anymore.
I keep her home rest of the week okay Monday and Tuesday of the following week she stays at school all day Monday Tuesday I had to get my sister to go get her she had a temperture and had got sick on the stomach she did look sick.
Well I got more cough medicine she sounds stopped up of mornings and then I give her medicne to her her nose runs for a while some heavy now what do I do about tomorrow . I cannot drive and the van she can ride you have to set that up

blessed2877

Asked by blessed2877 at 12:37 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• i didn't follow that at all, if she's sick keep her home, if she misses one day due to transportation- oh well.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:39 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Make it easy for you as well keep her until she is better maybe she just feels comfortable at home. Check into home schooling or have a tutor come by to help her as well make it easy for you bc it will take it's toll if you let it get to you. Take care of you first then ur dd she will always have you there so take it slow and take it easy and God bless you both.
    Have you taken her to the doctor? You don't want to over load her in medicine bc it can make her worse I believe it's no more than a 24 hour period. If nothing seems to help have her see her doctor. Hope all goes well.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:03 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Has she seen a Dr or is it just otc meds you've been giving her? It's also the season for seasonal allergies, so it could have been a cold that's run into the allergies. I work with special needs teens and we wouldn't send a student home just because of a runny nose, even if it was heavy. Aside from the runny nose/stuffiness how does she feel? If she's feeling okay I'd send her, but if she's feverish, a little lethargic, just not herself I'd keep her home.

If I'm reading it right she's been sick since mid March, so taking her to the Dr if you haven't already would probably be the thing to do. A cold shouldn't last that long and if it's allergies they can suggest or prescribe something to help with symptoms so she feels well enough to go to school. And if it is allergies you can let the school know that she isn't sick, it's just allergies so they don't keep sending her home.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:29 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Please don't home school unless you have someone to help you with the academics.  Keep her home if she's sick and send her back when she's better.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 1:49 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• You're considering home schooling and you can't even write a coherent paragraph?
    Anonymous