Does anyone else feel bullied by AP moms?

I'm a researching mom, and there are some things of which I'm totally convicted: natural birthing, breast-feeding, SAHM.... I respect that AP-ing works for some moms and I know it's a HUGE improvement on a lot of parenting.

If I ask a Q and an AP mom says, "This is what I've read," or "This is what works for me," that's great, but I resent being treated like an abusive mom because I don't have my kid attached to my body 24/7. And I resent being made to feel like if I did that I would have no more challenges in parenting, especially considering that I HAVE tried to apply many AP methods and they HAVE NOT worked in my situation.

Just curious if I'm alone in this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes the majority of them on here,not all, of the AP, Birth Nazi moms on this sight are mean spirited ,bullies that think they know everything and trash any mom that does not things their way calling them abusive , lazy and selfish.. but No I  do not feel bullied by them because I don't let them get to me.I think most of them are flat out neurotic and crazy and have no real clue about being a parent long term. From what I have seen they only one have or two kids that are 5 and under.. from those few toddler year the think thy are parenting experts. I just shake my head and go on my merry way and think when you've dealt with tweens and teens then we'll talk .

Anonymous

• What's an AP mom? and what do you mean attached to my body? sorry, this is a new one for me.....just curious.
    Anonymous

• Yes I thought that when I put my son at one month in a stroller and one of the AP parents in our building said to me how do you expect him to be safe. I said he is safe in the stroller and she said I was lazy and selfish because I did not carry him in a sling.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:37 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I am not into AP, and I make no excuses for it. My kids are healthy, well behaved, and well adjusted. I do what's best for my family and don't feel bullied at all.

Answer by missanc at 1:45 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Wow I have never met an AP mom who bullied anyone. We personally AP and I have many friends who do and we do not bully others. We all feel that people need to do what works for them and their family and if asked a question we will answer honestly with our opinion and let it be known that is simply what worked for us and is our opinion. I actually feel bullied many times by the non AP moms when I put my child in the baby sling or nurse them etc.
    Anonymous

• I have a relative that is an AP mom. Sometimes the way she words things when I ask her a question sounds like she thinks less of me for not practicing AP or not wanting to be around my child 24/7/365. I also feel the same way about green living. I feel bullied by people pushing me into "living green" when I just dont want to.
    Anonymous

• Wow! I cannot believe that a mom would bully another for not being an AP mom....it blows me away that any mom would is judgemental of another for another persons choice.......I didn't breastfeed my first one because i was in high school *gasp* yes in high school...and my last one wasn't because it never came in. I don't do AP but i do hold my babies all the time because they are little for just a short time so i love to love them.....why can't women just accept eachother for the way they choose to parent as long as the mom is, feeding her kids! and not beating them! and condeming them! or locking them in closets or the single moms who have a new bf every month and allow the new guy to immediate be alone with their little ones....as long as non of this is going on why does it matter if you APing or not or BFing or not
    Anonymous

• Anon :26 AP is attachment parenting. Usually co-sleeping, breastfeeding, wearing baby in a sling & practicing the child led approach (you follow the baby's cues on what he or she needs and don't just put them on a schedule/routine that is good for you but may, in fact, not be the child's natural schedule).
    Anonymous

• In short: YES. Very much so, and I got tired of it by the time my daughter was 1. I'm so over it.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 2:48 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Honestly it gets really boring and annoying that so many of us moms are so easily offended by other moms. We whine too much.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:51 PM on Apr. 11, 2010