sahm activities with young children

If you stay at home with your children who aren't old enough for school- what is your ddaily routine? What activities do you do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• We homeschool.

we wake up and have breakfast. Then we talk about what time it is. Then we talk about the weather. Then we play go fish or color in a 100 chart or make patterns using coins or patting different areas of our bodies. Or we role play stranger danger or read books. On Tuesdays and Fridays we go to the library. We go for walks sometimes, we've predicted pennies in a cup. Oh. they LOVE to color while listening to classic music. ...DS1 loves art of almost any kind.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:27 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• When I am home for the summer, we go for walks, take trips to the park, swim, go to the library, etc. I also sign my toddler up for park district classes. Last year she took swim class, super tots, and an art class. This year she's going to take a pretty princess class, and another swim class. I just like her to interact with peers too.

Indoors we play play doh, color, draw, read books, watch movies, etc.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 1:51 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• It reallly helps to find free or cheap toddler programs in your area. Find play groups, storytimes, play centers and things like that.
    Anonymous

• I was a SAHM for 4 years with my lil guy. I organized a local play group on meetup.com where I planned a moms night out once a month, story time at the library, playdates at each others home, zoo, park. etc. We baby sat for each other in a pinch or for time with the hubby. We played at the mcdonalds play area for lunch or whatever, just to get out and about with other adult conversation with same age kiddos was great for the moms and children. It was the other days of the week I did my chores and errons. So many life long friendships were made from my group. We had 25-30 members , so at any one time about half could meet up for our meetings. So there was always a PARTY. So good luck and find a few other moms with thesame age kids and try to make weekly plans to the zoo, library, or a craft playdate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• We homschool and since our oldest is now doing kindergarden the little ones do "school work" as well. so while I'm teaching the oldest one the 4 yr olds is usually tracing shape or doing puzzles, the 3 yr old is coloring, because thats all she wants to do, and the 2 yr old is playing with wood puzzles or coloring or playing with blocks. Then once sit down work is done, we do crafts, or go to the park or play indor games like like building forts or whatever games come our way, once a week we make a trip to the library and pick out a large bag full of books so that we can sit and read throughout the week. the little ones also help with chores like, making their beds, and picking up toys, sorting laundry.... easy stuff.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 8:46 PM on Apr. 12, 2010