How do i go about finding a doctor?

Do i just call different places and ask them if they take my insurance? or ...what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• YOu can usually go onto the website of the insurance company and search for pediatricians, obs, family docs, whatever. Then call them to see if they are taking new patients.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 2:53 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Ask everyone you know for a recommendation

Answer by rkoloms at 5:46 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• You call just call around and see if they take your insurance and if they are taking new patients.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes the doctor isn't taking new patients. I ask people who use these doctors and get some first hand anecdotes.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Ditto to kjrn79. That is exactly what we did when we moved to this area and were not familiar with anyone at all.
    In fact, I had requests specifically for a female physician who would also see my teen daughters and found a wonderful family doctor! Same thing when I needed to find a psychiatrist and a dentist. The insurance company we had has a website that gave us all the names, numbers, and addresses of physicians in our area that was contracted with our insurance. I looked at each one and then called the ones that felt 'right' to me to see if they were accepting new patients with my insurance. Easy as pie.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:55 AM on Apr. 12, 2010