the best lotion for dry red skin

on my daughter's face, she's 2. looks like eczema but it doesnt itch. becomes more irrtated when wet. i think it's because of the wind but daddy thinks otherwise. we are stuck on a lotion....

ekh2010

Asked by ekh2010 at 2:37 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Kids' Health

• we had tried everything. then i found this balm type thing from johnson and johnson. usually we don't use that brand but we tried it. it worked wonders! goes on just like chapstick is all natural and dries rather quickly. no burning or tears. cleared it up after 4 times using it am and pm. she had the dry skin rash for almost 2 weeks before that.
    ekh2010

Answer by ekh2010 at 8:38 PM on Apr. 26, 2010

• Try Eucerin it works wonders for a lot of skin problems
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 2:42 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• coconut oil
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:43 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• i have this problem actually my docs told me to wash it with selsen blue shampoo.. sorry i know i spelt it wrong
    mommadent

Answer by mommadent at 2:46 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• If you have access to Mary Kay....I use the emolient cream from the satin hands collection. It's thick and greasy, but heals over night. I use it on my son's face and he has no problems. I'm sure Target has something like it too. Extra emolient night cream, usually comes in a tube style and almost feels like super thick vaseline. So hope that long-winded description made sense!!!

I've heard Eucerine is good too, but I've never used it.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• my oldest daughter had the same thing when she was about a year old Her dr gave me some samples of Eucerin and it worked quickly, clearing her skin up in no time.
    addictedtoAVON

Answer by addictedtoAVON at 2:57 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Look for a cream rather than lotion. I use Eucerin cream on my sons cheeks and any other dry skin area and it clears it right up!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 3:43 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Look for a petroleum free lotion like Jordan Essentials Shea body Butter

motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 6:38 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• We use Aveeno Baby Soothing Moisture Cream - it claims to work on eczema and it clears my son's up.

Answer by missanc at 7:27 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Coconut oil is fantastic!

Answer by rkoloms at 5:45 AM on Apr. 12, 2010