Do you put a limit on what your kids eat a day my kids want to eat all day long they are constantly in the kitchen trying to get food yes they are boys but is this normal my 7 year old eats and while he's eating hes asking what for dinner or lunch and tells me what he wants to eat the next day they are normal weight kids

but i think this is to much we spend 1200 a month on groceries on a family of 6 i need help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Up until the age of 5 I fed them on demand and still do my 2 year old but we do the basic 3 meals a day plus 3 small healthy snacks and one junk snack Offer them something if they dont want it Tell them to go with out they will adjust and No they wont starve
    Anonymous

• my 5yr DS does that.
    and yes, i do put limits on how much he can eat. I worry about obesity with him because i feel he just eats ...and eats ...and eats because the food tastes good. Or maybe because he likes the sensory stimulation. idk. but i do limit the amount of food he eats.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:01 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• My daughter is 3 and I limit what she eats a day. She gets breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, and sometimes a treat before bed. Otherwise she would want to eat all day. She always asks before she goes into the fridge. I spend 400 a month on groceries for a family of 3.
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 3:03 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• You may want to put a limit on the food they are growing and it sounds to me they are far from going hungry healthy snacks is the best way to go. You don't want them eating nothing but junk all day cause they will get over weight and then you will have more issues to deal with then just $1200.00 in the shopping bill.
    Anonymous

• I limit my 3 kids to an extent. They get the 3 regular meals and are allowed to eat as many fresh fruits and veggies as they want. They are only allowed to eat candy, cookies, etc.. after they eat lunch. Then if they are hungry before bed or in between meals they can have an apple and some cheese cubes. Or yogurt and strawberries or something like that.
    addictedtoAVON

Answer by addictedtoAVON at 3:08 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• If your kids are HUNGRY.... FEED THEM!!!!! Theirmetabolisms are in over drive b/c they are growing and there brains need fuel!! As long as you are feeding them healthy, feed them if they are hungry!!!! They eat all day because their stomachs are small, so they empty quickly. They should be eating 6-7 times a day. Eating healthy cost more then eating junk! We spend $800/ month to feed a family of 4 & I don't buy very little processed crap!! I use coupons & shop around, or it would be more.

Anonymous

• When kids constantly are worried about what they're eating and when the next meal is coming, it means they are bored.
    Anonymous

• fruit, yogart, cereal, pudding, and stuff like that. My 3 guys ate me out of house and home - came back and still eat me out of house and home except now they help pay for it.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:19 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• wow thats a high grocery bill i spend 500 for a fam of 4 and a lot of that is convenience food for my DH since i work some nights and he HATES leftovers! i have a 5 and 2 yr old and they will eat around the clock if i let them, but i do 4 small meals a day or 2 small and one large dinner, and a few snacks here and there. if your kids were eating healthy whole fruits and veggies then its not really a problem, but you should monitor how often and what they eat. i make sure mine dont have overly sugary snacks most everything i buy is sugar free, no sugar added stuff like pudding, jello, freeze pops. they eat lots of bananas and graham crackers, also i buy gerber snacks which are made from whole grain n have less sugar
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 3:25 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• My DD is 21 months. I let her snack as when she wants but generally its just if SO or I am eating, but its not candy stuff. I try to stick with cereal and craisens...stuff like that. my SKs eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. when they snack in the middle of the day its limited to about one between meals. I do not keep candy in my home....so their snack options are limited to fruits, pb&js, etc. if i let them eat whenever and whatever, they would be eating junk all the time and then not eat what was made for lunch or dinner. SD is 9.5 and is hitting a growth spurt she has been eating a lot more than normal lately. SS is 6. He goes in spurts where he eats a lot and other weeks where he barely eats anything. but again you have to watch them for snacking too much.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 3:37 PM on Apr. 11, 2010