How old was your baby when you spent a night away for the first time?

My daughter is 1 year and I haven't spent the night away yet, and I won't for a while because I have a son due in July..

Hubby spent his first night away when she was about 2-3 months along with about once a month since then. (He visits his family about an hour away about 1 night a month)

How old were your kids when you spent your first night away or sent them somewhere for the night (grandmas, aunt, uncle, etc).

imamommmmyyy

Asked by imamommmmyyy at 3:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have never spent an entire night away from my DD yet. She is 21 months. I probably wont really until she is old enough for sleep overs. She tends to go everywhere with me. ha ha. SO went to Alabama last year so he spent a week away from her. Other than that....I dont think he has spent a night away from her....I can't think of anytime that is.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 3:31 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• 7 months old. He stayed with my next door neighbor while we went snow skiing for the weekend. They all had a ball and so did we.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:31 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• DD was 17 mos when dh and I got a hotel room for our 2yr anniversary. It was hard!!! But at the time, DH was deployed to Iraq and it was his leave. I've only been away for a night twice in DD's live, once at 17 mos and then one at 21 mos when DH came home from Iraq.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:32 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• wow. i had grandmothers and a sister begging for my babies so they both slept away at about 3 or 4 months!
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 3:33 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I will add DH was away from dd for 15 mos... besides the 2 wks of leave when she was 17 mos. He left when she was 8 mos and came home when she was 23 mos (typo in previous post!)
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:34 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• 18 mo the first time and she does spent the night again at 23 mo at my sisters. . .I've noticed alot of older babies like myself. .my neices had their mom watch at only 1-2 mo old
    njstewart07

Answer by njstewart07 at 3:48 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• My baby girl is 16 months and I haven't spent one night away from her since conceiving her...lol. Hubby and I go on dates and little romantic get-a-way's but the baby comes with us..haha. Just not ready to be away from her over night yet.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 3:50 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• About 13 months when she was weaned. Hubby and I got a great night out, didnt have to rush home and got to sleep in! It was lovely. I won't wait that long on my next baby!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:03 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• My DD will be 2 in May and we have never left her with ANYONE. When I go to work she is home with Daddy and when he goes to work sahe is home with me. We have plenty of family members that would watch her for a momma and Daddy night out but we don't need one I am not ready to allow anyone to watch her.
    Anonymous

• Around 8 months. My parents and my husbands parents live in town, so it was very easy to drop them off in the evening and pick them up the next morning. I totally trust both of them and they love the extra time with him - especially since he's so snuggly in the mornings! And it allows my husband and I to spend that time to recharge our relationship.

Answer by missanc at 4:40 PM on Apr. 11, 2010