Does your neighbors parties ever bother you?

I live in a twinhome and my "common wall" neighbor, she has kids that are 21 and 18, both kids drink and do drugs. At first I used to call the police but their mom would get irrate with me! she would ask me why would I do such a thing...so I gave up and let them party as long as my own teenagers aren't a part of it. They do their own thing with their own group of friends.
Today these kids are all out on the lawn in chairs, kickin' it, with coolers and blaring music.....and you know what?
I really do not mind...I looked out the window a few times and they all have Mt.Dew, they are laughing and the choice of music is acceptable to me. so my windows are open and I'm wishing i could have had that freedom when I was that age. Instead I had a kid and a job. I just turned 40 and realize I never had any freedom or fun so I try to be happy for those who enjoy their youth and not get bent out of shape by it. Life is short! live it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would not be ok with underage drinking and I would call the police.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:37 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Maybe the biggest problem for you was that you never had that in your life. I am not a cop caller by any means. I would just leave the children alone as long as they aren't smoking weed or doing drugs with your children the just mind your own business. I am glad there mother called you on the fact that you were calling the cops all the time.

I am not trying to come off like a bitch but there young let them live it up.
    Anonymous

• Nahhhh.. I'm 46.. When my young neighbors (early 20's..college kids) party, or get rowdy.. I have a couple of young women who live above me, and they are music majors in school. They have boyfriends come over and they will be jamming out,playing all kids of musical instruments and doing all other kids of things (lol) all hours of the night.. It doesn't bother me at all.. I just remember that I was that age once upon a time, and I too did all sorts of fun, wacky, crazy things that probably bothered my neighbors as well.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:18 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• during the day in my apartment complex someone is always blasting their radio. i just open my window and enjoy it too. why not! its really just at night when it bothers me. 1 am is a little late on a week night.
    Anonymous

• I live in a twin home too so I can here my neighbors sometimes. They are a young couple like me and my husband so they party every once in awhile like we do. If things get a little outta hand at either of our places we just go over and ask them to quite down a little...but that hardly happens!
    Anonymous