Thats why they dont watch my kids !

I love my parents...but they drive me crazy... They are constantly complaining that they never get to be with the kids and that I always let my grandma watch them ( who lives next door, and also I do trust her more, because I know she wont take them anywhere, and when i call to check on them, she answers....when my mom and dad tkae them, they lie about where they are going and they turn off their cell phones) ...

Anyways Friday night my FIl had a stroke ( he is OK) ..The kids were asleep and me and my husband tried to hurry and get ready to leave, I tried calling my mom and dad to see if they can come stay with them because I knew my grandma already took her meds ( that she takes at night to help her sleep) ..of course they wouldnt come and was like...just call your grandma ! So I did.

* continued*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• around 8 the next morning we were still at the hospital and knew we would be there for awhile, so I tried to call my mom to go watch them because I knew my granmda wouldnt beable to that long....so she went and got them and took them to her house... 3 hours alter my dad calls asking when we think we are coming home and i said atleast not until evening ( the hospital is 3 hours away) and he was in still bad condition........ well he started in on Why we have to stay there that long, why isnt anyone else there, etc ( my MIL is almost 70, doesnt know how to drive and cant really do anything like go get herself food, we had to stay there with her too) .....my mom and dad was basically complaining that they still had to watch them, after a couple hours --after all of the complaing they do about not getting to.

When we got hoem to get the kids, my 14 year old cousin was there, my mom was on the net and my dad was watching tv. UHG
    Anonymous

• oh well. what can you really do? parents drive us all crazy sometimes. and when my kids are grown im sure i will drive them mad.
    Anonymous

• i would try to find another emergency person to watch them. and if they were giving me that hard of a time while i was at the hospital i would have considered calling around and seeing anyone else could pick them up and keep them.

i hope your FIL gets better soon. It is no fun when the people you expect to be there for you when you need them choose not to help you out.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 4:56 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I would really consider going to the Red Cross website or local Red cross and see if they have a list of babysitters for your area. These babysitters they list will have all had Red Cross training in CPR/First Aid and general babysitting classes through them too. Then call a few of them, line up some "back-up" sitters in case of emergency who would be available on short notice. That way, even though you would have to pay them, you would KNOW they were in good hands. You can set up a few hours for the sitter to come to your house and see how they interact with the kids and everything while you are still there too.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:48 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Sounds just like my inlaws! We all have them, it sucks!

When I was pregnant with my second and making plans on who would watch my first born during my labor, my MIL had a FIT to watch my son. I didnt want her too, but dh persuaded me to let her.

Then the morning my water breaks she comes over, as I am tearfully walking OUT the door, she says, "oh yea, I have a dentist appointment and Sharon (SIL) is gonna watch him for a while. UGGGGG

I THOUGHT YOU WANTED TO WATCH HIM I AM IN LABOR HERE!!!! RESCHEDULE YOUR STUPID DENTIST APPOINTMENT!!!! UGGGGG!!!
    Anonymous

• My oldest daughter lives with us with her 14 month old daughter (our wonderful granddaughter!!!). We are pretty much raising her ourselves because our daughter is tired after work and likes to go out with her friends or boyfriend. She doesn't help with any cleaning around the house so we tell her on her days off that it would be nice if she could take the baby out to the playground or over to a friend's house or just spend time with her. Her idea of spending time with her is turning on the tv and then playing on her laptop while texting on her cell phone.
    I never complain about caring for my grandbaby, perhaps because I watched her come into the world and have taken care of her since she came home, but I would love to have some "me" time, too.
    I think it's sad for any grandparent to not love their grandchildren enough.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:41 AM on Apr. 12, 2010