whats' the best way to deal with a son inlaw who when you take or have the baby,my grandson he comes and takes the baby away,he has done this to family members?? it makes them feel bad,then they tell me,i have spoken to him but he still does it>?? is he insecure, i will not let no one harm my grandson,,, help??

need answers thank you and god bless!!

seexxymama4u2me

Asked by seexxymama4u2me at 11:51 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in General Parenting

• Maybe he is insecure and doesn't feel complete without holding the baby. I felt like this the first Christmas after my son was born. I even went and got him from a sleep so i could hold him and I could tell my husband thought I was crazy.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 6:56 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Some more ideas...
    1.Sit next to your SIL when he's holding the baby, and try to connect with them. Talk to your SIL and or grandbaby, and be there to enjoy together when the baby smiles or gurgles, and to hold the baby if your SIL needs to go to the bathroom.

2. Get your SIl a plate (dinner) if he is holding the baby, ask him what he would like, bring him a drink, just let him know you like him :)
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 6:59 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• No he probably just doesn't feel comfortable with people in the family he's not close to holding the baby too long. Do you visit them a lot? Are the people kissing all over the child? There has to be a reason why he would just take the baby away? If you want to be close to the baby make them feel comfortable and sit next to him so that you can be near the baby.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 12:07 AM on Oct. 31, 2008