sesame street themed party ideas??!!!!

my son will be 2 on monday and the party is next sunday! it'll be sesame street themed. My friend is making a sesame street cake and another is giving me some poster board so I can make a cookie monster game for the kids (Pin the cookie in cookie monsters belly). Another AWESOME idea I read was to make a sesame street sign out of foam board...and hang up random letters and numbers around the house....I'd love some more ideas!!!!

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 5:03 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My son had a Sesame Street party too - we have an incredible "street" sign that a friend made us out of foam board (we've actually kept it and hung it up in his room, it's just that good!). They have those Sesame Street cookies and crackers out now - with Elmo faces and such, would be great for snacks to serve! For goodie bags they sell those cake toppers at Michael's and other craft stores (also party city) with 3 in each pack for not much money and you could stick one in each bag. They also make juice boxes with the characters on them. Depending on how "crafty" you want to get you could enlarge the characters onto posterboard using an overhead and color them in for decorations (I didn't do that for his SS party, but have for others). You could also probably find online a template for making "masks" of the characters for the kids to color and/or wear.

Answer by missanc at 6:40 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Musical chairs to the theme of Sesame Street...my kids and their friends use to love musical chairs.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 5:43 PM on Apr. 11, 2010