Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some advice

Ok here goes. Im 20 weeks pregnant and experiencing Pre-Term labor problems that forced me to resign from my full time job. Me and my husband just got full custody of his 2 children, ages 10 and 12 and they eat like little piggies! My husband works fulltime but doesnt make enough to pay my debt. My total debt is 6500.00. I need to do something from home that doesnt require lifting children or going to school first.

Any advice, cause I need to make at least 500.00 a month to keep from failing to pay my monthly bills?

Thanks ladies.


Asked by Blueyz1981 at 5:12 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 1 (3 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to,, ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching

    Answer by rkoloms at 5:28 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

  • First. Go to and see if you qualify for assitence. There are assistence programs that can help pay your bills, help with groceries, and even debt. Then look at the grants that you may qualify for that can help pay your debt and monthly bills. Then if you are crafty you can try selling some of your work on This can be quilting, making bags, clothes, jewelry, paintings, etc. You can also look into telemarketing jobs, medical billing, etc. There are lagit jobs out there that can help you pay your bills and keep you home.

    Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:12 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

  • Wasn't your husband paying child support which he is saving now since he has full custody ? Use that custody money to pay for your debt. When he married you he assumes responsibility of you and the child you are carrying. Besides you are now taking care of his children.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

  • Oh, one more thing sure hope the ex-wife of his is paying you guys child support now.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

  • makes sense anony, but why dont you pay your own debt?

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

  • you can work from home click here for more info


    Answer by IraqiVetWife at 6:33 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

  • Im trying to pay my own debt, its from before I even met him. Hes a great husband and pays even for my SUV that he bought me. The child support was actually a home he owns and he was letting his ex live there with the kids, and he evicted her but the house was destroyed so we are fixing it up now. His ex wife is in a mental hospital...Ive been praying hard, I know everything will be just fine.

    Answer by Blueyz1981 at 8:51 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

  • You can do a home business ... there are several that are legitimate.

    I do PrePaid Legal ... if you would like some info just let me know.

    Just be careful if you choose a home business .. while there are many good ones, there are also several scams out there.
    Good luck !

    Answer by MaryJacobs at 1:24 AM on Apr. 12, 2010