I want to learn more

Are there any Christian groups who will tolerate the inquisitive mind of a Pagan? I ask a lot of questions and i love to learn. I am NOT interested in converting. I'm only interested in learning more about the bible and how those who believe in the bible think. I'm hoping for some place informative that can lead me to credible sources on information about the bible. But i also want a place where i won't get bashed for my honest questions and wont constantly judge me or treat me differently because of my sure footed belief in Paganism.

...is that too tall an order? lol know of a place?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 5:18 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• There are a few groups where people are comfortable discussing their personal beliefs and sharing. RR, which has already been mentioned, is one. (and I've never seen anyone get flack for being anything...)

Unorganized Religion has a few of us more unorthodox Christians, yet we do have a pretty good understanding of the orthodoxies we reject...

Sabrina's group would be a good one as well.

Almost any group that is interfaith - meaning any group that is made up of people of more than just one religion, would probably work, and I know you could feel free to PM me if you ever wanted to - I may not follow orthodoxy, but, like I said, I understand the doctrines I represent, and can discuss the more traditional stances of the Christian faith.

Oh, and there's a Christians Questions group, that might be a good place to look - the ladies in there know their stuff, and they're really polite. http://www.cafemom.com/group/106453
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:45 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Try the Catholic group here are CM, they are very friendly. They would be willing to have discussions about any topic you wanted.

Christian is a very broad term that encompass a lot of denominations with very different beliefs and interpretations of the Bible.  Christians all believe that Jesus is the Saviour of the world, but after that things get murky sometime:)

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:31 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Here's a Group I'm in and you'll learn alot because there are lots of different beliefs that are there, it'd Religious Roundtable

it's a group of very respectful women and we don't tolerate bashing and all questions are welcomed!!!

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 5:52 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I would try religious roundtable or something like that... But you'll get just as much flack there for being pagan as you do here...

My group has a growing number of Christians, but the majority of us are still non-christian.

good luck.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:52 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I'm free for anyone who wants to know anything about the bible and Yah and his son. This is the website with many answers to alot of questions. Blessings..

Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 6:05 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I wish I knew of a group like that.. I know of a church like that but not a group. Sorry I couldnt help.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 7:45 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I don't mind honest questions that don't bash others for religious beliefs (or not). If you'll excuse the crude phrase "Know the enemy", it just makes sense to be inquisitive as well as open to others views. Like you, I am well grounded in my beliefs and it's enlightening to learn about the world and people around me.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 8:50 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• you know it's funny how christians only follow certain rules in the bible...like the one that says "judge NOT lest ye be judged"...seems like all of them said "yeah we're gonna skip that one"
    Anonymous

• Catholics tend to be very scholarly and very open to honest questions. I'd start there.

...but I'm biased :)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:48 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• You are deliberately picking up the bottle of poison with the intention of drinking it. I hope that you survive intact.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:58 PM on Apr. 11, 2010