What are the chances of being disappointed after seeing a faint positive?

My husband does not want to get excited at all, and says that we aren't "really" pregnant yet until the line is dark. I just don't want to get excited then disappointed, but I'm not sure that he's right about that. His concern is that the pregnancy won't "stick" for a while, so he doesn't want to get his hopes up. This is the first time I've ever seen a positive, so I'm pretty excited, even if it doesn't stick. At least I know I *can* get pregnant, even if it is only for a short time.

So, what do you think, can I get excited yet? Or should I hold off? I'm definitely not telling anyone for a while. I just want to be excited myself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Get excited! That's what happened to me! I took 3 "faints" and than the 4th was as dark as it can get!!!
    Congrats!
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 5:39 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• a plus is a plus! if its there at all there is hcg in your urine
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:41 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• lol, I think it would be hard to contain excitement when theres a possibility of being pregnant and its something you've been wanting.
    With 2 of my pregnancies, I took the test rather early, maybe a couple days after my persiod was due and it came out to be positive but with a very faint pink line. I waited a couple weeks, called the doctor to make the appointment. I dont think it matters how dark the line is or isn't if its there, your pregnant.
    Congratulations!!! :)
    Anonymous

• Thank you!! I am so excited!! I can't contain myself. He just keeps saying, "lets not get our hopes up just yet". I can't stand it!! My hopes are UP!! Thank you guys. Woohoo!
    Anonymous

• LOL
    Congrats mama!!!!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:21 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Get excited as long as you can really see it. I've convinced my self I could see a shadow, but I knew in my heart I was looking for something that wasn't there. Test again in the morning and celebrate!!

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 8:50 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• any line is a second line as long as it was read during the allotted amount of time given on the box. I had to buy a EPT for dummy's you know the digital one that says 'pregnant' and 'not pregnant' to make myself sure. lol.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:13 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• As long as you see color your pregnant.. it 's light because your in your early stage of pregnancy. but wait a week or so and you'll see the color will be a darker. so yes I think you are pregnant. by the way congrats. :)
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 8:29 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• CONGRATS!!! Enjoy this and get excited!!!
    Rjmjpappy

Answer by Rjmjpappy at 9:10 AM on Apr. 12, 2010