are people really this fricking ignorant?

i posted on my facebook the link to the recently update sex offenders for my county..i have a LOT of mamas in my area so i figured they want the info being the recently added a few of them..then a person who isnt even on my friends list started bashing me cause i posted the link and said its unfair to these guys..all i said above the link was the updated sex offended list for such and such town county state...thats it. so it turned into a huge argument between me and my friends and this idiot...he said that they should list the exact age of the victims and the age of the offender when they did it..the site tells the classification of the charge the age group of the victims and conviction date...i dont control what the sheriffs office listed i just shared what i thought was important info to local mamas

gothmama91

Asked by gothmama91 at 5:43 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• What a moron. I HATE people who defend the rights of someone who in my opinion has done something to LOOSE their rights!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:47 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• You can adjust your posts to only be shown to your friends so you don't have to deal with random strangers like this...makes the facebook world a little easier.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anon, change your privacy settings or deal with the ignorant!....lol.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 5:49 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• i get that and i thought i had that stuff private but what nerve does this guy have to start bashing me cause he thought the sheriffs office wasnt thorough enough?
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 5:52 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• What you did is fine. If they we're not offenders they wouldn't be on the list. AND even if it was a 18YO with a 16 YO consensual thing... they knew going in if they got caught it would mean he's a sex offender. Teens are not stupid, they know what jail bait means.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 5:53 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Adjust your wall/posts to be seen only by your friends. That will help from people outside of your friends lists viewing your information. Some people who are registered sex offenders aren't those who sexually molested, abused, raped other people. Some are simply 18 year olds who had sex with a 16/17 year old. Even if the sex was consentual. I'm not condoning it, but I'm saying there are differen severities of the posted offenders. It is fair to the community for that to be posted, because I think everyone has the right to know whether their neighbor has sexually harmed someone else. I don't want to befriend someone only to find out they've sexually harmed someone else. This goes for any crime .. I want to know up front what kind of life you've lived before I decide to trust you or not.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:09 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I agree with JazzlikeMraz. Boys get SEX offender over stupid things..They should call it something ELSE..But change your settings..It will help a lot
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 6:53 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Sounds to me like this guy is on a sex offender list somewhere.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:02 PM on Apr. 11, 2010