what the aveage age that baies sit up by them selves?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I really dont know how to answer this question. its weird because my son crawled before he sat up. But I think about 6 months.
    kittenkat10

Answer by kittenkat10 at 5:55 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• i was just going to ask a similar question
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:56 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• mine is 5 months and not yet
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:57 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• My son didn't sit up on his own until he was about 7-8 months, but my daughter is five months and can already do the tripod sit. It does greatly depend on the baby. How often they're given the chance to try and sit up by themselves, and how willing they are to try to sit up unassisted.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:58 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• 4 to 4 and half months for all of mine.
    Anonymous

• 6-7 months is average. Coming up on late 7 to 8 months and some pediatricians start evaluating the baby a bit more. Heck, mine didn't sit up til 6 1/2 months and a specialist had already been called... I ended up canceling that appointment and just let baby do her own thing. But she is right on key with everything now, even some things she is advanced in =). Babies do different things at different times. Don't get worried and DON"T let pediatricians bully you around into doing unnecessary steps for your child... within certain means that is. If you are worried and if there is cause of worry, then check it out. Most of the time kids will be just fine.
    MissMommyK

Answer by MissMommyK at 6:43 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I'mnot sure but my DD started at about 5 months.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 7:51 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• My twins were 7 months. I'd say that it depends on the kid, some are more eager than others.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 8:30 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• my son started around 4 months but could completely sit alone, and well without tipping by 5.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 8:33 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• my son is 6 months he can sit alone for a few minutes mostly tripod he's starting to crawl now he cant pull himself to a sitting posistion quite yet he trys super hard and if i hold his legs down he can do it it does depend on the baby some do it sooner then others it will happen
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 8:48 PM on Apr. 11, 2010