My daughter had her 12 month Measles,mumps and rubella shot about 10 days ago and now the rash is appearing.Would it be contagious to other people?

The doctor let me know that about 10-14 days after the vaccine,some children get a reaction such as slight fever and/or the measles rash. Well, she has broken out in the rash, (she os otherwise fine.)
My concern is this. I babysit an 11 month old baby, he has not yet had the 12 month vaccine. He will be coming over tomorrow. Do you think that she could pass on a full blown case of the measles to him?
Thanks for any responses!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:55 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Kids getting the diseases from the vaccine is more of a theory and a myth than a reality. The only reported cases of it are in children with compromised immune systems.I'm glad your doctor set your mind at ease.

Anonymous

• Call the on call doc
    Anonymous

• Yes it's contagious (most likely)
    call your doc and PLEASE report this to VAERS.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:07 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Thanks guys, I just put the call in and had the on call doctor paged.
    Anonymous

• Yeah that's very likely to be contagious. That baby can't be anywhere near your daughter.. and if you've not been vaccinated recently you might get it too and also become contagious.

Folks like to claim that it's unvaccinated kids causing the outbreaks of measles but I think it's pretty well established that it's the opposite.
    Anonymous

• OP here again...I just had another thought..I'm pregnant too...do you think that could also be contagious for my unborn baby? Oh boy. I will ask the doctor when he calls...hopefully its soon! I'm getting worried now! :(
    Anonymous

• OP here again, In case anyone was interested:Doctor just called me back, she said that it was NOT contagious,its a side effect from the vaccine. So PHEW! Relieved over here! Thanks for your responses!!
    Anonymous