Were you brought up in a religious home growing up?

If so are you still a Christian today? I am wanting to raise My Daughter the best way I know how as a Mother, you know just to make sure she has everything she needs, and to be close to the Lord to know who Jesus is. And I was just wondering if you go to church or if you believe in him?

Hesmynavyman

Asked by Hesmynavyman at 6:18 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• In my opinion this would not be the site to find Jesus friendly people, that are going to encourage in you in your search. Not at all that they are not here but perhaps they are just not as vocal as the others. I believe Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. I would suggest to you to find a bible believing church and attend with your daughter and begin to read the scriptures. It will require much prayer as well for God to open up your understand of his word and give you wisdom. I will pray for your journey and that of your daughters. I can tell you I believe you are making to best decision you can make by choosing Jesus.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 6:37 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Why does "religious" always have to mean Christian??? there are other religions out there too.

but no. i was not raised in a Christian home. I was raised in an agnostic home and i am now Pagan
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:20 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I was brought up Mormon. Then I turned completely away when my bishop told me to abort the sin, my dd preg out of wedlock. Then I became atheist not believing god could exist, and then when my dd almost died. I prayed and prayed and she got better I became a Christian non-denominational. Every body goes through a crossroad in life whether they change their faith or not, they at some point doubt it. I believe god wants us to find our selfs and him truly with these times.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:24 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I was raised that its not a religion its a relationship with God so no i was not born into a religious i was raised to have a relationship with The Lord.. Religion is a man made.

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:25 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• oh to answer your other question.. I do go to church.. Its the best way to fellowship with other believers :)

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:27 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I was brought up in a very strict JW household... And no, I am not Christian today. I announced at just 6 that I was a witch and started actively studying/practicing Paganism in my teens - although I had to sneak it all and when my mother did find the stuff she always burned it... But it was my path, and still is. Today I am very happy, sound in and proud of my Pagan beliefs.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• My family was not religious while I was growing up. I am now Catholic and go to Mass at least once a week with my family.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 6:29 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• we were not pushed toward any certain religion or church. my parents were both forced to go and didnt want to raise their children like that. but i would always listen to the jw when they came knocking. and would ask friends if i could go to church with them. my parents encouraged it but made no atempt to change us in any way. i dont go to church, mostly because i dont have the means to get there and we just moved to a new state. but i pray everyday, at every meal, always to myself. i thank god everyday and ask him to protect and guide my family. but i dont feel i'm "deeply religious"
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:34 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Well it's good to hear your stories, I just want to make good choices for My Daughter to have a good relationship with the Lord, I don't want to push her, or make her, but at the same time I don't want her to grow away from him. I just want her to enjoy her life and know that he's here and he loves us as our Father, son and holy ghost. I want her to be happy and to enjoy learning about him and who he is. As a Christian.
    Anonymous

• I was brought up going to southern baptist church every Sunday morning, evening and Wednsday nights. I did not feel peace with Christianity and I found for the most part to be cruel to anyone who was not along the same beliefs. I know there are MANY Christians who are at peace with their path but it wasn't for me. I never felt that peace till I became Pagan. I do wish you lots of luck with your journey in sharing your relationship with your God with your DD. Keep it peaceful and full of love and acceptance. May your walk through this Great Forest called Life be one filled with Love and Light.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 6:41 PM on Apr. 11, 2010