When do you plan to have another child? And what do you recamend?

I plan to have another child but I am wanting to wait until My Daughter is 3 1/2-4 yrs old. But a lot of other Mothers have told me to have them close together so that way you can get them out of the diaper stage at the same time. I would think it's more challenging and a lot more money spent at once on diapers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I plan to have a child asap! I have two sons, oldest DS is 5 and is adopted. younger DS is 4 and is my stepson.
    I would've preferred there be no larger then a 3 year age gap between DS2 and my first birth child and no smaller then a 2 year age gap. ...instead it looks like there will be at least a 5 or 6 year age gap between DS2 and my first birth child.

Both DS1 was already out of diapers by the time i became his mom (a year ago) and DS2 was toilet learned entirely less then a year after i started caring for him.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:24 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• we wanted to wait until dd was out of diapers first. then have some time to enjoy not changing diapers. lol she will be 3 in a week and im due in late october.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:24 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• who cares what others think. do it when YOU & YOUR SO ARE READY!! there is nothing wrong with waiting longer or close together. It is what YOU & your SO are comfortable with. .NO ONE ELSE
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 6:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I had all 3 of my older kids within 4 years. They are close and play together well - they are interested in the same things at the same times and it makes it much easier on me! My younger two will be 20 months apart (son is currently 16 months, and I'm due in July). I would not have chosen to have them far apart - they want to do different things (ie the older ones want to go and do, the younger ones can't due to naptime, feedings, convenience, etc). But I divorced my ex and married a man who never had kids.
    I always found it quite easy to have them close together and obviously if I had it to do again (and I did) I would do the same thing again!

Answer by missanc at 6:30 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Good to know you all have your own personal answer. That's what I was hoping for, I would actually like to wait 3 1/2 yrs before having My 2nd child. And then once I have baby # 2 I would like to wait 1 1/2 years, so they can all be close together.
    Anonymous

• Well my siblings and I are 4 to 4 and a half years a part. We weren't very close growing up because we were in different stages. Don't get me wrong we love each other but the bond is different. So my kids are close in age 2 years apart, and it is perfect! They play great together and are so close. Having kids close together is definitely harder on the parents but easier is seldom better.
    Anonymous

• Ha! I can let you know in Oct! My kids will be 2 years apart and I am terrified about having a toddler and newborn, but sometimes suprises happen! :) I'm taking comfort in these answers. My brother and I are 5 years apart and we are not that close. Here's to 3 more years of diapers!
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 6:58 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I just had my 2nd baby..and my daughter is 4 yrs old. My husband and I wanted our 1st out of diapers before another one joined in. We actually started trying when she was 3 and had some issues so that is the real reason they are 4yrs 6 months apart. But I can tell you that I am enjoying having my daughter older...she can help with getting the baby's things together and she can play on her own when you are tending to the baby. I know a lot of people who have their children close in age and most tell me they wish they would have waited as having them close can be difficult. It is all about what you want..but having one that is a little older is helpful!
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 10:18 AM on Apr. 12, 2010