My 4 year old wont stop eating her boogers what do I do to get her to stop? Ive told her it was nasty and she wont listen

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Make her wash her hands and brush her teeth every time!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:24 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• i read somewhere that it is acctually good for your immune system. its gross though. id wash and brush every time too. and some kind of punishment.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:27 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• i think the washing hands and brushing teeth is enough, personally. How many 3 year olds like to wash their hands and brush their teeth?
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:29 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I used that "stop biting" fingernail polish on my dd's nails!!!

WORKED!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:36 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• shoot If I made my kids wash and brush their teeths everytime they did that they would do it just to do that lol my kids love washing their hands and looooooovvvvvveeee brushing their teeth so that wouldn't eork on my kids lol all kids do it they will stop
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 6:39 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I asked my son if he would eat poop...he said ew gross no. I said, boogers and poop are the same thing and both are nasty. If you wouldn't eat poop, you shouldn't be eating boogers. He immediately stopped. LOL Never happend again.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:42 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• my nephews always pick their boogers I told them their nose hole gets bigger every time they do it lol I think washing hands and brushing teeth is a good idea
    Anonymous

• actually it is super gross but not unhealthy... she is eating dead viruses like a flu shot... it actually prevents some diseases. you just tell her how gross she is for doing it, i would send her to time out each time she is caught, but she will never completely stop doing it. plenty of adults eat their boogers everyday, they dont let anyone see though.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:13 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• This is going to sound gross, but just hear me out. I am almost 30, and I still do it. GROSS, SICK , I know, but it's a habit I can't seem to break. I have been doing this since I was very very young. I have tried everything I can think of to stop it, and tons of other stuff as well, nothing has worked. I'm not sure why I do it. I find my self doing it more so when I'm bored or depressed, maybe its a security thing, hell I don't know.
    I will say this much, my kids don't do it, and my boyfriend doesn't have a clue, so I must be doing it less. I would just tell her to get your finger out of your nose each time you catch her, thats what I did with my kids and it worked and all mine are under age 9.
    Anonymous

• lol I did it until the age of 5. One day is made me gag and I stopped and never did it again. Just let it run its course and tell her not to do it in public.
    SwePea

Answer by SwePea at 1:15 PM on Apr. 12, 2010