What does your SO not know about parenting his kids?

So we are getting ready and hubby has been asked to get our son's shoes and socks on. He looks at me with deer-in-the-headlights-eyes. he doesn't know where we keep the socks or for that matter how much medicine does he need to give for a cough ( the answer is on the box) or what kind of toothpaste does he use? (I'm thinking the paste that says jr on it) This isn't a rant not really but I do find it curious we have both been parents the same amount of time and I seem to be the only one gaining experience. I can pass some of it because I am the one with our son most, but seriously, "where do we keep the socks"? :)

Has anyone else come across silly things their SO doesn't know about the everyday care of their kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• my husband knows VERY little about raising our sons because he's never home. He's in Germany and before that Iraq, and before that Korea. ...
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• That would be a good reason to not know where the socks are. :)
    Anonymous

• lol...thats why children NEED moms! Men are just programmed differently and that stuff doesnt seem to ever cross thier brain...they are just basic creatures.They think of the necessities first, food,shelter,drink. And anything after that is just luck,lol.
    Anonymous

• No, my husband isn't a moron. He has common sense. He would know the socks are in the room, in a door, in the child's dresser. He knows how to read. Seriously. How does your husband funcction at work? Does his boss have to spell everything out for him?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• OOPS....in a drawer....sorry about that. Apparently I am having a moronic moment. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• My DH doesn't know crap about how to parent. We have a 2 year old together, and I have to tell him stuff like he needs to change her clothes before he puts her to bed because her clothes have food stuck all over them. Or that he needs to clean her hands/face after she eats (or else he "forgets"). I mean, REALLY obvious stuff.
    My 15 year old SD lives with us too, and I have to tell him how to parent her as well... I made him start parenting her a couple months ago because I got tired of doing every damn thing for him... Well, now she is failing 3 classes because she hasn't turned her work in because he doesn't check it. I had to scream at him to get him to make her a counseling appt, even after she told him she was suicidal!! And he still got mad at me for "nagging him" (but it took him 2 months to call for an appt).
    But luckily, my DH is moving out this week (& SD too), so I don't have to deal with that BS for much longer.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:20 AM on Apr. 12, 2010