What do you pay for daycare? What do they provide?

I pay a friend $40 a day 2x a week from 1:30-8:30pm. The neighbors across are licensed and charge $3 per hour. My husband is wanting to save money since my paycheck pretty much is gone by the time we pay her, but my son loves going she is been watching him since he was 3 months old. What do I do???

mikko2285

Asked by mikko2285 at 6:52 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Youre actually getting a decent price for those hours. Many people won't watch past 6 pm, and most daycares close at 6 pm.
    When my 1st son was in daycare at 7 weeks old, I had to pay $180.00 per week for full time, and this was a daycare facility, not a home day car provider. I provided his bottles,baby food when it became necessary and his diapers. It did get a little cheaper as he got older. But they did close at 6 pm, and I could never find one that stayed open any later than that. When I had to work till 7, I had to make arrangements for someone else to pick him up.
    Good Luck!! :)
    Anonymous

• here it is over $300 wk for an infant.

I pay $312 per month for 3 days a week after school care. They pick him up when school gets out at 3:45, and I have to pick him up before 6. In the middle it's karate class. They provide a snack only on Mondays.

I pay $106 per week for 5 days of before school care. Drop off is 7:15 at the earlyest. School starts at 9. I usually drop off aound 7:30. Nothing is provided but the supervision.

For summer camp I pay $225 per week for full day 5 days. (drop off as early as 7 pick up by 6)

I swear I'd be rich if it wernt for child care.
    LOL
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:05 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I pay $130/wk for FT M-F care. The DCP is licensed and follows a nice curriculum. She provides all snacks and meals, blankets, cots, art supplies, and entertainment (toys-outdoor playground). She'll even go one a few field trips per year at no extra cost to the parents.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 7:22 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I paid $165 a week but they provided all the formula, cereal, and baby food. When my friend was watching her, I paid her $60 a week. Both places were from 6AM-3:30PM.
    eab001

Answer by eab001 at 7:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• If there is a Child Care Resource and Referral in your state, call them and ask them what the average price for daycare is in your area. Then compare it. I know I charge 1.85/hr. Infants are 2.05/hr. I provide their formula, food and wipes. Parents provide diapers. But the closer you get to the metro area, my daughter pays $600 a week for an infant. Big difference. So talk to your DHS and ask them who you can call to find out average rates and openings. You may find something new your child and your family will love too.
    Anonymous

• I pay $110 a week per child and for the baby I provide diapers, baby food, and formula, but for the 3 year old, she cooks (yes, cooks) her lunch and breakfast. Even if I already give her breakfast. Oh and a snack after her nap. She also gives my baby little snacks here and there. She watches them from 6 am-3:30 or 4 pm. She is very flexible with my military schedule.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 7:48 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I paid $180 a week for my son and I provided formula, diapers, wipes, bottles, blanket and nuk. When he moved to the toddler room it went down to $160, and they feed him breakfast, lunch and snack as well as provide a sippy cup. I still supply diapers and wipes. The hours are from 6am-6pm, but you have to pay extra for time after 9 1/2 hours. They have taught him sign language and have him sit on the potty and so many other things I'm scared I would be too distracted teach him. He's social and loves it there.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 8:07 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• our daycare is $330.00 a week for a full time infant. we provide the formula/breastmilk, bottles, extra clothes, bibs, pacifier and they provide the rest.
    Anonymous

• I paid $125/wk for an in-home daycare. She is fully licensed. The fee was a flat rate. She was open 5:30-5:30 but you signed a contract with her setting hours. DD was there about 7:30 to 4. I provided diapers, butt wipes, extra clothing, butt cream, a blanket, pillow and sleeping bag (for nap time). She provided food/formula.
    MotherofIreland

Answer by MotherofIreland at 10:13 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I am living in the wrong place....lol I am a daycare provider.. I charge $100 for full time and $25 a day for part time up to 9 hours.. I provide food and snacks the parents provide the diapers and wipes...
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 10:28 AM on Apr. 12, 2010