17 weeks..and I am finally getting excited that I'm pregnant again. How long did it take you?

This was NOT a planned pregnancy. Our baby was 11 months old at the time I found out.I was on the pill.Period acted funky, I got curious, took a test and was shocked when it came up positive.
I became distant, depressed,sad,angry..you name it, I was it,lol.
This wasn't supposed to happen.But it did. I had to deal with it.
Now, I am 17 1/2 weeks along.I felt him/her move in there.And I can smile now. Everything is going to be okay.I've decided to take it as one of Gods blessings, this one has a purpose to be here.It fought with the odds of birth control to get here,LOL.So it must be a determined stubborn little thing, like her/his momma.
It took me long enough, but I am glad I can finally feel some joy over being pregnant again. I'm actually looking forward to it's arrival.
How long did it take you to get excited?
I know, for most people, it was probably like...soon as the pink line showed up,lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• O0o0oh Well with my first I was excited the second I found out, Same with my Second. But, Now I'm on my third (almost 35 weeks) and it took FOREVER to grow on me because I was pregnant at my 6 week check up. But, I can't wait now. I was not "happy" when I first found out though. It will grow on you. :)
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 7:55 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• with my first i was 17 and was so excited right away! now im 21 and about 11 weeks. im still not sure how to feel about it. im terrified and happy and still in disbelief. but i think im starting to come around.
    Anonymous

• My pregnancy came as a surprise as well :) I went to the doctor and they told me I wasn't able to have kids...one month later and five pregnancy tests...YAY!!! I'm 31 weeks now :D I have been on and off excited about it. When I told my husband he was happy. When I told my parents....well lets just say they still aren't very happy for us so that kinda puts a downer on the whole thing. Every time He moves though I can hardly wait to see his face.
    fireundertheice

Answer by fireundertheice at 7:27 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• i am 30 weeks and my baby is only 11months old... he just now became whiney and cry sometimes about almost everything... and I sometimes think am i going to regret this baby? I know it is wrong to think... but I am just worried about all the stress, etc... I didn't think I was pregnant until I was a little over 20 weeks (when i started showing) and when people started asking me , it started to scare me so I took a test and it was positive... I am still kindof in denial.... I love my baby and I know I will love the next one... I just am having a hard time right now to ABSOLUTELY love the idea... you know what I mean?
    Anonymous

• I'm 19 weeks and finally letting myself be excited about this pregnancy... for different reasons though. My second pregnancy ended in miscarriage and I am just passing that milestone and feeling more confident in this pregnancy. I actually felt my very first movement tonight and I can't tell you how much that little movement reassured me. I can completely understand you fears of having two so close together but you can do it! I wish you all the best with your pregnancy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 AM on Apr. 12, 2010