• In the Spotlight:

Leaving my boyfriend but 25 weeks pregnant.

I had a baby with my boyfriend before he is 10 months old... And I am pregnant again with his second... but I know it won't work any more because he doesn't seem to be attracted to me any more, not interested in hanging out with me any more or anything... But I think it would be too hard at the moment to end it... we live together and it will be hard to do it at the moment that I only have a few weeks left, and when Im on maternity leave he will have to pay most of the bills, etc... but I always pay him back when I have the money. We aren't fighting really, but I'm unhappy because he doesn't seem to care any more... I love him, but I am sick of crying, sick of worrying, that I just want it over with... I have no one I can live with at the moment either so I am lost and very stressed out... My body can feel it and I am scared to be alone... any one else had to do this or something like it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• I think It would be best to sit down and talk to him, has he flat out told you.."i'm not attracted to you anymore" Have you tried to communicate with each other, before calling It quits?? If Yes, then I'd advice you to leave the relationship, It's just unhealthy to stay in it, If It's causing you stress..and the baby, also your other child can feel all that tension too! My heart goes out to ya, I've been in a relationship that seemed to be something I couldn't walk away from...due to relying on that person. Please don't think you can't do It without him, If he's abusive...leave! Look into some kind of assistance, or programs for mother's that are support groups! There's always an out...be strong, for yourself and your babies.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the pp. Have a talk with him and tell him how you feel. Maybe it's something that can be worked out. You could also be extra sensitive due to hormones, which isn't unusual. It depends on your situation though. Talking to him to get some clarity is probably your best bet. If he is abusive though, and you're just afraid to say it on here, get away. There is always a place you can go hon. Good luck.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 7:53 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Maybe consider counseling before walking away.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 8:18 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Focus on the main things right now which is your child that you have now and your unborn baby. Try not to stress because the little one in your tummy feels it. Focus on getting through the pregnancy first then when your little one is born focus on the other stuff. Just let him be and take care of yourself and your babies. Im so sorry your hurting especially during a pregnancy. i know how you feel. Im nine months prego, due in two weeks for a scheduled c-section, I have a 4y/o and 6 y/o and Im a stay at home mom. I just asked my husband to leave and I dont want to be with him anymore because he's been back in the habit of drinking again and doesnt seem to care about anything except what he wants and needs. So now Im due to deliver, have to find a job, and figure out what will happen with my living situtaion with three kids. you can private message me if you wanna talk:) Good luck sweetie. You will get through this!
    Proudmom_28

Answer by Proudmom_28 at 9:29 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• try counceling before calling it quits, I honestly don't think that your situation sounds desparate enough to end, it's just going through a rough patch
    Anonymous