My mace went off in my Coach purse!

Please, if anyone could offer any advice as to how I can clean it? I would get it dry cleaned, but I don't want the people at the dry cleaning place to suffer. I have it in a closet now. Everything in it is ruined. The money I gave the pizza guy smelled like it lol. Ugh. By the way I don't know what collection it's from, but it's satin inside and a satin-ish material on the outside? (You can tell I'm not a Coach guru lol) Thanks for any and all advice! :-)

nicolemstacy

Asked by nicolemstacy at 7:41 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I'd set it out in the sun to air out but the charcoal idea is a good one as well. That satin is ruined but if it's inside then no one will see it. Email the mace manufacturer for more ideas

Answer by admckenzie at 1:43 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• maybe try some activated charcoal for smell removal. Ask for it at a pet store
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:00 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Thank you! Should I just keep it in there until the smell goes away and then get dry cleaned?
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 8:07 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• yeah
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:38 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• to the best of my knowledge... satin is very hard to get stains out of... is it just the smell or a stain?
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 12:22 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Well it doesn't appear to be stained, but I can't get past the smell long enough to look at it lol. Thanks ladies!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 4:32 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Contact Coach they may be able to help you.
    bebiboben

Answer by bebiboben at 7:29 AM on Apr. 13, 2010

• Thank you for your inquiry.

It is our policy to stand behind our goods against manufacturing defects for the natural life of our merchandise, excluding normal wear. We do not offer a cleaning or refurbishing service.

Unfortunately, there is little we can suggest that will remove certain stains and odors. Harsh chemicals will damage the fabric.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Well it looks like baby wipes and activated charcoal it is! Lol
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 10:07 AM on Apr. 13, 2010