what age was your child when you took the training wheels off their bike?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• 6
    I tried at 5 - he was not having it.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:03 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• we actually just did this the other day...my son is 4 and he picked it up right away. My older son however was 5 before he really got it. It probably just depends on the kid. Some are ready before others.
    mauspond

Answer by mauspond at 8:10 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Our neighbor's little boy just got his off and he is 2 1/2. We took ours off when they were three.
    Anonymous

• My daughter is almost 7 and still has training wheels. She can't really ride at our house because nothing is paved, it's big loose rocks. There are a couple of places we can taker her to ride her bike and work toward taking off the training wheels, but it rains so much here that it kind of limits outdoor activities. My husband refuses to help her learn because he's embarrassed that she is too old for training wheels and he gives her hard time about it.
    Anonymous

• My nephew was 5 when he got rid of the training wheels. He was ready and he really wanted to know how to ride a two wheeler on his own. He had a friend over today who was 7 and still uses his training wheels.

It all depends on if the child is ready and how badly they really want to ride. This is one of those things where there is just no "right" age to do it.

(My son is only 20 months so that's why I answered about my nephew and not my own son).
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:44 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• they both rode a 2 wheeler at 4
    Anonymous

• 7. She took them off herself. Good thing she learned to use daddy's tools when she was 5.

sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 4:24 PM on Apr. 12, 2010