14 month old has most of her teeth,including the molars. Do you think it would be okay to feed her salad?

A few times a week we have a salad with our dinner. I was wondering if it would be okay to give our 14 month old same if I cut it up really small. Or do you think it would be a bad idea and a choking hazards because they are raw vegetables?
Usually its the basic,lettuce,tomato,cucumber,mushrooms,onions. Sometimes I add some other things in there but that is usually the norm.What do ya think? Okay or wait a while?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I feed my daughter EVERYTHING and she has 7 teeth. She has been eating like that before she got her teeth though. She gums at everything. I do the norm like peel the skin off of grapes etc. but I don't hold anything back. If I eat it, she is too.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 8:29 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Try it...if she'll eat it let her. Maybe skip the onions, carrots, and cucumber skins. My son will eat lettuce or spinach from time to time and he doesn't have all his teeth. Just treat it like other food....make sure it's cut up and not too hard.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 8:12 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Go for it. She may be a bit gassy from all of the raw veggies, but it should be ok. Like sunshine said, skip the onions (gas), carrots (choking hazard) and cucumber skins (unless it's organic, they may contain pesticides).
    Anonymous

• I never saw a problem! Dd ate salad that young too, but she usually just ate the tomatoes, peas, crutons, cucumbers and meat/cheese if I put it on. She didn't like the lettuce until she got bigger and I was very careful with carrots and didn't give her onion (we don't like mushrooms so idk about that one). If she acts interested Ive always given dd a bite of whatever I eat! She's like your dd and had all her teeth really young!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 8:31 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• lettuce has a tendency to stick and cause choking like a popcorn kernel shell. I would not give her lettuce. personally I think she's too young for all that you are putting on it as well.
    Anonymous

• My son is 15 months old and we give him subway sandwiches which have the same stuff in it. He does fine, try it and see, if she has a hard time wit a little longer.
    Anonymous

• I give my 11 month old salads and he only has 6 teeth. He takes bites out of the lettuce just fine. He has never had any problems with it and gets mad when he runs out of salad.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 10:00 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Our youngest is 15 months and he eats salad with ranch dressing. He is like your LO, a mouth full of teeth.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 12:19 AM on Apr. 12, 2010