I messed up when coloring my hair. How long can I wait to re-color?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Depends what you initially put on it, and what kind of condition your hair is in now. My advice is to go see a professional. If you eff'd it up once, their is a good chance you are going to eff it up more. Corrective color is more difficult.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 10:42 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• id wait like a week. but i dont think you have to wait. you could probably do it now but it might fry your hair
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:34 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• 2 weeks. Or call the company's number on the box that you used and they can give you better and more specific information. That way you can avoid some really interesting colors or your hair drying out and breaking off.
    Anonymous

• If it's a box color you should wait a day or two. Maybe longer if you were bleaching it. It really depends on the dye. It there is no bleach or amonia, it shouldn't be too damaging.
    Anonymous

• that depends on what exactly you did and what you want to do now...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:14 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Did you bleach it or color it?
    Did you go 1 or 2 shades or a couples shades difference?
    Another thing.. Find out exactly what tone you put on your head. Ash? warm? gold? Nuetral?
    Find out that before you throw another color on your hair.. that will affect the outcome!
    davesgirl86

Answer by davesgirl86 at 9:48 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Thanks everyone!!! I had tried to highlight it and it just didn't turn out right. I ended up calling a friend who is going to cosmetology school and she told me I could dye it over with my regular color. I did, and it turned out fine!!
    Anonymous