Stepson s Mom has a live-in boyfriend of six yrs. And ss totally dislikes him. The first yr. it was fine but since then, not good. Mom takes boyfriends side. Who tells her that there is a problem?

Momof2and1step

Asked by Momof2and1step at 8:41 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• She's asking who should talk to the child's mother about his problem with her live in boyfriend, the step mother, the 15 yo child, or the child's father.

I think that your step son and his father should have a sit down discussion with his mother. You can be there, but you should probably just keep quiet for the most part. Your role is for emotional support. Your step son should do most of the talking, but his father can help him articulate if he needs it. They should have some solutions in mind before they start to conversation, such as the boy spends more time at your home than he has been. It's not realistic to expect her to ask her boyfriend to move out, so there should be some other plan.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:49 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I dont understand what you are saying or asking??
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 8:43 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• WHAT?
    Anonymous

• **the conversation

Sorry for the typo.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:50 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Sorrty for the confusion. I was try to edit it after I typed. Thanks. I told ss it was up to him but I'm so protective I want to do it.
    Momof2and1step

Answer by Momof2and1step at 8:58 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I had a friend like that in high school and she had no one so your ss should sit down with his father and make a plan for what he is going to say I hope his mom is not like my friends mom and she chose the bf over her daughter. GL He will need a parent in his corner

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:06 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Do you think that she'd go for the suggestion that he spends more time at your house? Sometimes teens just need a time out from a situation (don't we all!). My mother in law used to send my husband and his brothers to stay with various relatives when they got out of control. They just needed to take a breather for a while and she knew to give them their space. My husband spent some time at his grandmother's house and at his father's house.

Honestly, it just sounds like your step son needs a break from his mother's boyfriend. If they got along for a whole year then they must like each other. He just needs a time out from the situation. Distance makes the heart grow fond :)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:29 PM on Apr. 11, 2010