How do I get started babysitting out of my home?

We could sure use some extra income around here. How do I go about getting a kid or two to babysit a few days a week? I'm a SAHM and can't afford advertising.

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 8:48 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Money & Work

• I babysit out of my home.I started a little over a year ago. I started by posting an ad on craigslist under childcare in the community section. I actually recieved a lot of responses. You can look at other peoples ads on there to get an idea what information to put.
    You can also post under sittercity.com and care.com.
    I also have a website...that I made for free at webs.com.
    I have to say though, most of my business really does come from craigslist.
    If you ever have any other questions, feel free to send me an email. Good Luck! :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:00 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Check with your state laws and your homeowners insurance. Some states will allow you to keep 1-3 children without being licensed. However, some insurance companies will not allow you to run a childcare business out of your home. Once you check on these two things, then I would post an ad on Craigslist announcing that you have a few positions open.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:57 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Make up a flyer and post it at your local library, post office, grocery store, etc. That is free to do here anyways. Also, call some in home daycares and ask them if they know of anyone looking for a sitter that they had to turn down because they didn't have room for them. I did unlicensed daycare for a little while and every so often a woman who runs a licensed daycare in her home would refer people to me if she didn't have room for them.
    Anonymous

• I go on craisglist and post my ads there. All you have to do is sign up for an account it is free to put an ad on there I post mine every other day
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:05 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• when I did it- I made flyers with pull off phone number tabs and posted them on the mailboxes around the neighborhood.

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:12 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• You can find a work at home JOB click here, or you can click here to visit a site that supports childcare providers FREE forms!

click here for child care provider support. They are so darn adorable i love them!

Let me know if you need more help. email me at scrumptiuscandles@gmail.com OR CALL ME AT 877-316-7872

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 11:33 AM on Apr. 12, 2010