im 39 weeks and lately when i take a hot shower i start cramping really bad and do all through the night and day..

could that mean im in labor my due date is the 17th how can i induse labor myself that actually works?do really bad period like cramps mean labor or its comming soon? its my first baby i need advise of what to expect

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If the cramps stop, then it's not labor. It's braxton hicks contractions. In the last weeks of pregnancy BH contractions can be painful. Try drinking more fluids and changing what you are doing (if you are over exerting yourself, rest. If you are resting, walk around).

As for inducing labor, there are no real safe methods for self induction. What you can do is help prime your cervix for dilation. There are certain things you can do to soften your cervix which will help it dilate. Sexual intercourse will help because the male ejaculate has natural progesterone. Also you can get evening primrose oil pills, open up the gel caps and insert them. They do the same thing as the male ejaculate.

Good luck!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:55 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• don't take hot showers?
    Anonymous

• If it is painful, don't do it. as far as inducing labor, everything the pp said, plus walking or bouncing on an exercise ball.
    TempestRayne

Answer by TempestRayne at 9:20 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I agree, if it's painful then just avoid hot showers. I took hot showers during labor to actually relieve my contraction pains so I wouldn't think it was connected to labor. Please don't consider inducing yourself, it's an unnecessary risk to your baby's life. Your body will let you know when it's time for baby to be born. You won't need to ask when it's the real thing, you will know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Apr. 12, 2010