Going back to work - getting baby girl to take a bottle.

My daughter is 2 mo old. I go back to work in 3 weeks. Daycare will be giving daughter pumped breastmilk in a bottle.

Supply is fine -- I have plenty stored and can pump plenty to feed her.

Problem is she refuses to take a bottle. (Older brother never had this issue; but had a horrible latch.) What have we missed to try?

- Different bottles & nipples-- medela, drop-in (both laytex & silicone nipples), tommy tippee, avent. Tried both fast & slow flow. Next is to try the orthodontic drop in nipple.
- Different people -- Grandma, Friend, and Hubby have all tried, both at the house & out in public. Doesn't matter if I'm sitting right there, or 30 miles away.
- Different times -- thought that post-dinner feeding was too gassy, have tried various times during the day & she screams bloody murder.

What am I missing?

Squirrell34

Asked by Squirrell34 at 8:51 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had this problem too ... my daughter finally took a bottle called Adiri ... I just kept trying all kinds of bottles and this is the only one she would ever ever take!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:33 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Let someone other than you feed her....
    I had this problem with my daughter....my milk dried up and I HAD to start using bottles...My father in law was the first one who got her to take it....find a bottle YOU like...then don't feed her...make her good and hungry...and let someone else feed her....if she smells you...hears you....she will want you....try this and good luck!!!...
    Anonymous

• My 2 year old refused to take a bottle. We tried so many things and he just wouldn't. I hope you have better luck. I went back to work when he was 11 months and would drink breastmilk from a sippy cup.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 10:11 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Keep trying different things. INcluding a sippy cup.

She may just reverese cycle. It's common for babies to wait for mom...and not at all harmful.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:26 AM on Apr. 12, 2010