Crying, what dose this mean?

I'll be sitting in Church either listening to a song, or listening to the paster, and its like out of no where Im crying. What dose this mean?? Im pretty new to the whole church thing (went a lot as a child but it was cause mom made me, now its cause I want to).. Ive been told that the the holy spirt has touch me, BUT what does that mean, if its true?? Any help would be great.

my4kids97

Asked by my4kids97 at 8:54 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Your emotions are involved in the worship process. Some people have that tendency more than others. Perhaps the Holy Spirit is touching you. You are feeling with your heart the Word of God is another possibility.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 9:11 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• It's the Holy Ghost, and he is testifying to you that the things that you are hearing are good. Take it to the next step and pray to Heavenly Father to see if the things that your hearing are true, and if your where He wants you to be.
    Anonymous

• that would happen to me in seasons in my life where I was deeply struggling one way or another. Infact its beenhappening to me lately as well, although pregnancy could be one of the reasons, but also because there is a lot that is going on. I know that when I soften my heart to God during hard times that there are times where I am very sensitive to songs in church and will start crying. Even some verses hit me deeply make me cry at times. So, yues, i would say its the Holy spirit and Iits a good thing, but its also a season in life. So, later, during another season, you may find that you are not crying at everything like you use to. God speaks and draws near to us in many ways :)
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 9:20 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Its a great thing to cry. That means your accepting the lord into your heart. Your heart likes what it feels and hears. You need to embrace it and go for it. God is trying speak to you and uses The preacher to songs of worship.
    Anonymous

• I do that a lot,my kids always wonder whats wrong with me. I told them moms full of empathy and love.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 9:40 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• We had a talk one day about families being together forever and I couldn't stop crying. I was teaching about it too so it was a subject that hit me straight in the heart.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 9:41 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I can be tears of intercession, tears of compassion, tears of love toward an amazing Lord, you are being touched by Holy Spirit.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:10 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• It means the church is getting their moneys worth out of their sound system. Certain sounds and rhythms within music can evoke emotional responses and the more emotional vulnerable you are the easier it is to evoke these emotions.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:20 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• It is the emotional response that churche services are specifically designed to evoke. The music, the atmosphere, the minister's passionate catch-phrases, and the whole group experience are all manipulations of your emotions to make you "feel" something you don't actually feel. I think you will find that it is a temporary emotion that fades outside of the church itself.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:44 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• or maybe she loves God so much that her emotions just spilled out.
    Anonymous