Uh-Oh! I think I may have created a little coffee monster!! lol

I was drinking a cup of french vanilla coffee yesturday (it was delicious by the way,lol) and my 14 month old daughter wanted a drink. So I put a little on the spoon and gave it to her, thinking she wouldn't like it. Boy, was I wrong, the girl kept coming back for another taste! I had to finally go into the kitchen and put my cup up high so she wouldn't see it anymore and forget about it,lol.
I thought kids don't like that kind of stuff.My son never did.
Does any of you have a lil coffee monster out there too? lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter LOVES coffee!
    When she was old enough to pick up a cup by herself, she took a drink of my coffee.. well a couple drinks! I came back in the kitchen and she said "Mmmmmm its good mama!"
    I have to guard my coffee cup now! Ive given her a taste of it just black to make her not like it -nope!
    So in the morning I give her milk with some of my sugar free vanilla creamer and we have our "coffee" together! :)
    davesgirl86

Answer by davesgirl86 at 9:38 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• no but my boys discovered pop
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 9:27 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• no....but that's not really healthy.
    Anonymous

• my little man has been drinking coffee since he was 12mo... i only let him have it occasionally cuz he would be a coffee-aholic! :)
    my motto... start em early!
    Anonymous

• no. but when i was about 3 i was always sneaking sips from my mom's cup! she never knew until about a yr ago when i told her, but i remember! and, by the description i gave of where we were and stuff, she estimated i was only about 3 yo! =) i HATE coffee now though! so don't worry, she could change her mind! =)
    pugmama

Answer by pugmama at 9:33 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• All 3 of our boys love coffee! Ever since they knew what I had they wanted a taste. Our 13 yr old gets to have one cup when I make a pot. I don't let our 6 and 7 yr olds have any so I make them hot cocoa, so they pretend they have coffee,lol... Little sips isn't going to hurt your daughter..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:34 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• My almost 3 yr old would drink a whole coffee if i let her (I would never!) I drink iced coffee everyday and I have to keep my eye on it or she will be sneaking sips!
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 9:36 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• My mom told me that I used to drink her coffee all the time. She would leave it on the coffee table and she would leave the room and by the time she got back her coffee was gone. My 8 year old drinks coffee sometimes but he has ADHD and it calms him down. My 2 year old doesn't like it and my 11 month hasn't had it.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 10:07 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• That is way too hard on her poor little tummy. Please don't give her anymore. Her little body isn't made to take that amount of caffeine.
    Anonymous

• I hardley think she is going to be making the child her own cup anytime soon... sheesh.

Anyway my son has tried it(5) he likes it but knows he is not allowed any more than a sip or two of mine. I think you may have to cut DD off cold turkey if you ever want your coffee i peace again!! lol. Just stop giving her the spoonfuls and tall her it's mommy's and offer her something else. Maybe a little chocolate in her milk?

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:07 PM on Apr. 11, 2010