Pregnant while husband is at basic training?

If im pregnant while my husband is at basic training, and i go into labor, will he be allowed to leave for the birth and then go back to basic?.. Just wondering, thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Just for Fun

• NO!
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 9:45 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• What she^^^^ said.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 9:47 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• nope
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:47 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• no
    Anonymous

• Basic Training- No, AIT- maybe

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:48 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Basic.......no. They can't leave for anything.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:57 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Maybe. They might set him back a few weeks. There were a few people from my company in boot camp who had to go home because of an emergency. Talk to his command. Don't go through the recruiter because once he left the MEPS station, the recruiter is null and void.
    Anonymous

• child birth does not equal an emergancy...two different things, so unless it is a high risk pregnancy it will be highly unlikely that he would get approved to come home for the birth
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 10:21 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• there is a saying in the military~"if the military wanted you to have a family, they would have issued you one." You need thick skin, and strong will and great independence, cause you will be doing A LOT on your own.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 10:25 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• No. Unless there is a death or an extreme emergency in the family they cannot leave. My husband has been to basic twice (Navy and then Army) and my oldest son is currently in the Army & we have another son off to basic in July. If he were in AIT, yes, they would but I would advise you moving to wherever he is stationed and living off base. You might only see him on weekendds but it IS worth it. My husband and I married 3 days after he got out of Navy Bootcamp and he was able to live off of base with me from the start. When he switched to the Army he had to live on base the whole time & we only saw each other on weekends and for the first 6 weeks he wasn't even allowed to leave the base at all so our sons and I went on base often to visit him. The powers that be weren't too happy about it but they couldn't actually stop me and our children from living in the same city.
    Anonymous