why did i do it?

i know im going to get bad reactions to this but i was scared and in denial, and still am sorta... and just need advice... I thought I might have been pregnant in November, I took a test and it was negative... but I had no period.. I took another test in December... and it was negative... but still no period... And then in January I took a test and it was positive... but I was at the moment afraid just because I had a baby(at the time he was only 6 months old) and now I am pregnant and still haven't gone to the doctor... I don't know why I won't... I am just afraid I'm going to get yelled at/questioned why I didn't go... but I am ONLY JUST afraid of this... I feel movement and I am showing... I know this is really stupid but I might be as far as 24 weeks along? and I can't go to the doctor because of my fears? Why am I in denial... and why can't I talk to a doctor about this? Any way.. I just want advice...:(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• hmmm, what are you afraid of? you know that you are pregnant. Sometimes we have to face our fears, and who knows, maybe once you see the ultrasound it will help you a bit. but you need some kind of prenatal care.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 9:51 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Just go to the dr no reason to be scared its better now than later
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 9:53 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• The sooner the better. Don't fear the doctor's judgment. They are there to provide medical care and that is it. If the doctor says something to you, then find another one. Don't keep waiting, for the sake of your baby. If you are really worried then just go in and be honest. Tell them you are scared and you put it off because of your fears and your denial. If you are 6 - 9 months post partum from your other baby than it is perfectly normal for your emotions to be wacky and I am sure you're not the first mother they've seen with these feelings. Be totally honest with the doc about how you are feeling. I bet you'll be surprised by how much better you feel when you leave.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:01 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Better late than never. Just go :) Easy for me to say right?

You will be okay ! :)
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 10:02 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• doctors cannot judge you, it's in their oath. just go, you're health is important
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:05 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Sorry...I don't understand? Lots of women have babies close together and they really enjoy it. Challenging yes...but they are proud of it. You know you are pregnant so take the best care of your baby and YOURSELF. I have a friend at work that knew she was pregnant but it was her fourth kid. She felt that she was wasting her money by going and she was not really wanting the pregnancy as well. She was in denial and scared. At about 24 weeks she swelled up one day, went to the ER the next day, was in liver failure, had to deliver the baby, and the baby lived for a few days and then passed away. He was a sweet baby boy :( This could have been prevented, she lives with that, and she almost died as well. If your pregnant then you need to be under a doctor's care.
    littlebehr1

Answer by littlebehr1 at 10:05 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I feel for you, but you're gonna have to get over your fear, your baby needs you to get prenatal care!!!!

If they ask you why (which they maybe won't even do) just tell the truth. Which, I guess, is that : at first you didn't wanna face the fact you might be preggo so soon again. And as time went by, you startet feeling bad for not going, so you were nervous about comming, and just stayed home.

But in any event, it's only gonna be a bit uncomfortable the first time, after that the visits will be fine :-)
    And you know how the baby can fell your stress, so make the appointment and get to feeling better soon, mama :-D

Good Luck !
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 10:07 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• you may also need to see a therapist sweetie, post partum from that first child could be affecting how you're feeling about this one....
    Anonymous

• perhaps it may have to do with what is going on in your personal life. You not wanting to go to the doctor could be your way of trying to deny that you are pregnant. However regardless of your situation, you will have to seek out a doctor. You're not only going to want to make sure the baby is doing okay, but that you are healthy enough to carry this baby as well. There are women who develop anemia, or diabetes, or other complications during pregnancy. If the doctor is unaware of your pregnancy, you won't be treated properly for symtoms that may be over looked, and it could put you into a high risk pregnancy, costing not only the babies life, but your own. No, it's not very common to loose your life during pregnancy, anymore in the USA. But a lot of it contributes to taking the steps to ensure the health of yourself and your baby.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:43 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Not only do medical factors come into play however. You also need to be prepared for when this baby comes.. if you are 24 weeks along, you only have 16 weeks left. There are preparations you are going to need to make, financially, emotionally, etc. You're going to need things for this baby and yourself, to survive out there. Yes it is scary. But You can do it. It may seem impossible now, but take it one day at a time. First your doctor, then confirm with family and friends. Then if need be your boss, or other financial persons (such as SS and WIC, if it is needed), etc.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:45 PM on Apr. 11, 2010