so is there really a too early ????

ok so im waiting to see if im pregnant im suppose to start like fri i think and i took a test today could it really be too early

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes there is really a too early. Your hcg levels go up every day and a low level can't be read by tests. That's why they say to wait until you actually MISS your period to test because by then it's far more accurate.
    Anonymous

• For sure! If you don't have enough of the hormone in your urine the test won't pick it up. My son I started testing at 8 days past ovulation, and I got negatives until day 15 (past ovulation). By then my period was a day late.. so it took a long time to get my levels up..
    KandiceN

Answer by KandiceN at 10:11 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• My tests said negative until the day I was late.
    xxluvya

Answer by xxluvya at 10:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Yes, if you don't have enough of the hormone in your system yet because you aren't far enough along, it won't show up as a pregnancy. That doesn't mean you are or you aren't pregnant, it just means the test can't verify it. The only thing you can do is wait until next friday and try again. If it's still negative, and you feel you may still be pregnant, go to your doctor and get the blood test.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:39 PM on Apr. 11, 2010