open relationships

is open relationships the same as cheating? my bro in law and sister have a open relationship. my bro in law thinks my husband should do they same thing. but i have now clue what to think when it comes to that. i believe that is how people catch and spred stds. i know i would never do anything like that and would hope that my husband wouldn't want to do it, but it told me to night an open relationship is very intemadating right now. we have been together for 5 yrs , and married for 2, have 2 kids together. he is bout to go into the military also. why would a father with kids want to mess around with other women when he is married.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• I know one couple who have an open relationship and their relationship is nothing but crap. If one gets mad at the other- they go to their standby guy/girl for sex. Why even be married??? Isnt marriage so you can exclude yourself from other people? To say I love this guy/girl and nobody else?!
    Anonymous

• I have never heard of a successful open relationship. I thin it is contrary to everything a marriage is supposed to be. Personally I don't think they work and I don't think they're healthy.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:08 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• that is how i feel when i took my vows in 2008. my sister and bro in law took theres in 2005 and have been having an open relationship all the kids they have do have the same father my bro in law. i could never think that i could just sleep around like that. what kind of an example would i be setting for my own daughters. i don't think its right he would even consider it. he went to a club with a friend of his and dance with some chick whom he thought was attractive. she even tried to have sex with him but he turned her down cause he was being loyal to me, and our vows.
    Anonymous

• "I know one couple who have an open relationship and their relationship is nothing but crap. If one gets mad at the other- they go to their standby guy/girl for sex. " I personally am not against the idea of a open relationship, but this statement has always been my concern. when there's a problem, why put forth the energy when you can just run off to someone else?
    Anonymous

• I can see where there would be perks- you get the best of both worlds- but what happens if an "OOPS happenns" How would you explain that to your family or god forbid- your kids?
    Daddy was out sleeping with a random woman and well now your going to be a big brother! .. Not to appealing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I feel that it's cheating, and disgusting. My friend recently confided in me that her husband wants her to sleep with other men, that he's been begging for 12 years for her to do it... and this week she finally did it and hated every minute of it. Now he's trying to talk her into becoming swingers and already has a couple picked out. I would be hurt if I was her and if my husband was okay with sharing me like that. I think it's horrible and that they are underestimating their kids knowledge of their behavior. My husband said he thinks the guy just wants permission to cheat, that he's not happy with his wife but doesn't want to deal with divorce, custody, child support, and sharing his retirement. Either way, their relationship makes me that much happier to be with the man I married.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:39 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• It is cheating. I agree with the husband of anonymous4:39, he wants other women & the only way to do that & keep his wife is if she is sleeping with other men. My husband would never want to 'loan me out' & I would never want him again after knowing he was with another woman (since being married to me). This is wrong on so many levels & the fact that your bil has now put that into your husbands mind is just aweful. Hopefully your husband finds it so disgusting that he will want nothing to do with your bil again. It only takes one bad apple to spoil the whole bunch....stay away from them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:04 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I talked to my husband and told him that is was a lil annoying that he would consider sleeping or fooling around with another women when we are married. i told that is how people catch stds and spread them too. I would never have the time and would never want to do something like that. He told me he could never have sex with another women as long as we were married. he even made it clear. he said if he happened to go to a party with his friend again and he got drunk the only thing he might to is make out with another chick that all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• And you're okay with that? That's horrible! You deserve someone that wants only you and that drunk or not, shitheat friends or not, will be faithful to YOU! Making out isn't much better and who's to say that a drunk person will have enough self control to stop with just making out, when they don't have enough self control to not make out in the first place?
    Anonymous