If you have meet your so online...

how long would you like to talk to them before you can say that you actually like them? That you want to be in an exclusive relationship?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Relationships

• It's all about getting to know the person in REAL LIFE. My husband and I talked for over 3 years before we even met. When we finally met it was another 2 before we were married. We traveled back and for to each other (CA to IL) and we met each other's families, went out on "dates" and talked FACE TO FACE ... A LOT.
    You can like anyone..you can be interested in anyone...but until you meet them...you can't really go from there and KNOW the person.
    Be careful and be safe! xoxo
    Anonymous

• OP here---I agree with this 100%, several guys that I have meet online (never in person) have said that after a few short conversations and it confuses me how can they know if they have never even seen the person.
    Anonymous

• I met my fiance and soon to be baby's daddy through eharmony and we talked for about a week online and then a few times on the phone after that. Then he drove to the city that I live in and we met at a very public lounge to talk and get to know each other. Then about a week or so later he came down and he joined me and my friends out on the town. He is the greatest man ever!!
    littlebehr1

Answer by littlebehr1 at 10:34 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I met my now fiancee online. We talked online for a while, which turned into texting and then endless phone calls at night. We had so much in common from the get go that it was pretty easy to tell right away that I liked him. Just go with your gut!
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 10:34 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• i began to like my BF after a few emails... but after meeting him, i was interested in it... but we still waited 6 months before becoming official.
    Anonymous

• I met my DH 10 days after initial contact through email on Match.com. We dated for 10 months before he said he loved me. He proposed to me 2 years later. Every relationship is different but you have to listen to your gut.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 11:48 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• My situation is backwards from some. I dated a really nice guy when I lived out in Ca and we were not ready then. Many years later after my husband had passed, he found me and soon we talked almost every day over Yahoo IM and Phone. I can sense he is looking for a serious commitment at some point and the whole thing is scary (uprooting and all) as well as it is enticing, being back with him and in a place I love more than the freeze zone, here in Illinois. Just wondering if any of you out there had had this experiance and how you made it work.
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 7:00 AM on Apr. 12, 2010