My daughter says her pee pee hurts

My daughter is 2 years and whenever i bathe her, she claims her pee pee hurts. I have assumed it was soap and have tried different kinds. Its been on and on for about 2 months now. Now, I think I see a tiny blister and she just started screaming after being in the shower with her 8 year old aunt. She was covered in soap when I walked in and again I assumed it was soap but now im not sure. I will take her to the doctor in the morning but for now, can anyone help me?

mommylovesilona

Asked by mommylovesilona at 10:38 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter used to complain once in a while about that too. I took her to the doctor and it was nothing. He said sometimes their skin just gets irritated just like diaper rash even if you don't see anything. He suggested I use A&D ointment. I did and unually by the next day she had no complaints.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:41 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• There is a whole bunch of things it could be. She could be allergic to the soap you're using, she could have a yeast infection, diaper rash, or a urinary tract infection. Wait and see what the doc has to say. I'd also try to switch to a hypoallergenic soap. Dove unscented for sensitive skin is a favorite recommendation among pediatricians and allergists.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:44 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Sounds like a UTI to me,,,,my dd suffered with this for years and eventually grew out of it,,,Good your taking her to the dr
    Anonymous

• It could be a lot of things, but my first thought was a UTI, but I don't know if that would cause a little blister. I hope she is okay. Good luck tomorrow at the doctor.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 10:51 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• are blisters a symptom of a uti?
    mommylovesilona

Answer by mommylovesilona at 11:44 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• she could be allgeric to the soaps,
    and that woudl coudl cause blisters,

uti needs to go to the doctor better safe than sorry you know what i mean
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 2:46 AM on Apr. 12, 2010