How much to charge for in-home child care?

1 child. Food included. Roughly 10 hours a day while mom works. We are in Cali. I was think like $100/week? Too little? Fair?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• I am PA and I charge $125 a week if I provide the food/drinks. Or parents can pay $100 a week and provide all the food, I still provide the drinks. For infants though, parents provide the formula/baby food and it is still $125.
    Anonymous

• In my home I mean - not yours.
    Anonymous

• I think that might be too little. 10 hours a day is a lot and food included is an added bonus for her. Here in CT a good daycare is $250 a week for full time care. When I was a nanny for two children I received $80 a day from one family and a flat $450 per week from another family (two different jobs not at the same time).
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:50 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• what age is the child?
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:51 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• i would charge that for here in indiana. so that might be low for california. i know anytime i have visited cali in the past, the prices for houses and everything else was A LOT more expensive than things were here. So....you may want to call around your area. I definately wouldnt go any lower than 100/wk.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:51 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• i'm guessing it's a baby or a toddler.

you should charge about 150 a week. There is a chart somewhere that tells you what the going rates are for personal, home and center child care. ...but babies pay more then older children.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:53 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• $100 is too little if she is the only child you are sitting. Probably closer to $200, or at least $150.

Answer by Bmat at 11:05 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• There is no child yet. I am just posting an ad in CL. I'm assuming it would be a baby or toddler since older kids are in school.
    Anonymous