Do you ever think some moms are lying about when their children started doing things?

I just saw someone write that there baby started crawling at 3 months old. COME ON!!! ill believe that when pigs can fly.
My friend also told me the other day that her daughter started holding the bottle on her own at 6 months. i just dont believe it. My other friend said her daughter said her first word at 5 months old.. yeah, ok.
It just seems like moms always exaggerate and lie about when theyre kids started doing things because they want there kids to seem like the smartest kid ever.

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 11:06 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in General Parenting

• my daughter walked out of my vagina unassisted...

And read me a book at bedtime that night..

So i dont know why it takes all your kids so long to do everything.
    Tummysmomma

Answer by Tummysmomma at 11:34 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Well usually some babys if yoou put there hands together at six months they can leave then like that holding the bottle.....
    iliana90

Answer by iliana90 at 11:09 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I've seen this too. I know that SOME kids walk at 6 months, but on here it seems like every other child does it! It's crazy. I think some people are so desperate for their kids to excel they start projecting it really early. I see it ALL THE TIME on here. I'm not saying moms shouldn't brag about their little ones, of course they should be proud and shining about the little accomplishments. It's the ones that are CLEARLY lying that make me crazy. I know some kids do things really really early, but seriously it's absurd how many people claim it!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:09 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• the bottle i believe mine holding his before that but crawling.. no. who knows i can't judge them but yes i see it alot.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 11:09 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Did you see the one in the same post who claimed that her baby started crawling at 5.2 weeks???? BS!!!!
    Anonymous

• i had a friend that i guess thought i would not see her or the kids for a while. she told me her son was walking at like 9 months. i saw him at 11 and he still couldnt
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:12 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Nope. I don't . Each child is different and reaches milestones differently. I was potty training my son at 3.5 when my daughter at 15 months decides she wants to do it too. :) She was also talking in complete sentences by then. I thought it was way too early to potty train, but l let her do it. She had accidents till she was 8 (night time), but she pretty much knew what to do.
    Anonymous

• Well you can believe that I am lying about my son crawling at 3 months all you want. I know he did. Just like he pulled to standing at 4 months, walked holding on to things and climbed at 5 months, took his first step by himself at 6 months, and was walking all the time by himself at 8 months. The average age for crawling is 6 to 8 months which means that some kids start earlier than that.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 11:19 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• Yes, I think some moms lie about things, especially on here. I don't think they lie as much in real life b/c you can see their babies, but I think on here a lot of moms do. I know my kid is average in a lot of areas, above average in a lot of areas, and maybe below average in some areas, too. But some of the things I see on here leave me questioning these mommas b/c there's no way.
    Anonymous

• there is no way that at 3 months old your child is strong enough to be able to start crawling. i dont believe you.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:31 PM on Apr. 11, 2010