alcohol

So they say you can have a glass of wine while your pregnant. why can't you have a glass of beer. what is the different between a glass of beer and a glass of wine. doens't it have the same amount of alcohol

tommygirl_jmg

Asked by tommygirl_jmg at 11:10 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Pregnancy

• personaly i would not drink either. neither is safe
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:15 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I don't think either one is safe. Some women only drink a glass and have kids with problems. To me it's not worth the risk.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 11:21 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• never drank while pregnant.....I cant even imagine drinking alcohol during pregnancy,,,,
    Anonymous

• Wine has more health benefits than beer, that's why it's recommended over beer.

One drink once in a great while during pregnancy IS safe. The BS about "there is no safe amount" is propaganda. It's true that alcohol during pregnancy can cause birth defects, but the danger is mostly to moms who drink very frequently or who binge drink. One a month isn't gonna cause any problems, especially after the first trimester.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

*
    *
    i agree
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 11:40 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I wonder the same thing, especially since beer is good for breast milk production. And for those who think that it is acceptable to have a drink occasionally how do you know that it is having no effect? Sure your baby may not have FASD (which is a truly terrible, 100% preventable birth defect), but how do you know that you haven't knocked off a few IQ points or affected your child's impulse control? Not a lot, but just a bit? Do you know, can you say with 100% certainty that the alcohol consumed had no effect at all on your unborn child?

So not worth the potential risk in my mind, and seeing the kids I work with who have FASD, I do think less of women who take that risk.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:02 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Neither is safe. If a doctor told you to jump off a bridge would you? Its the same thing why risk it. Why do anything that could possible harm your child? Would you put beer in you newborns bottle? No? Well why not if you are willing to drink it while pregnant?

Not saying you are but alot of people do.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 1:16 AM on Apr. 12, 2010