how to make a 14 month old boy go asleep faster than 11pm?

he get's up at 8 am and has got usually only 1 nap at day time around 3pm. i wish he slept longer at days or at least more frequent. sleep is so important. what would you suggest?

BabySon1

Asked by BabySon1 at 11:12 PM on Apr. 11, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have no idea but I will be lurking to see if I can find something to use lol.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 11:20 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I would try to change his nap time. My boys at that age would get up at 8am but take their nap between 12 and 1. They were always up from their nap by 2:30 - 3. Then they were ready for bed around 8:30.
    Anonymous

• Definitely change his napping time. It will definitely help! :) good luck
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 11:23 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• change his nap time to after lunch asleep at 1- awake by 2pm ( he'll be sleepy from eating hopefully)
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:43 PM on Apr. 11, 2010

• I have to say that with my son the only thing that worked was putting him down at a specific time and letting him cry until he slept. This is not a popular method, and indeed it is hard for everyone, but I do believe it was best for my son. He now has a regular bed time and goes to sleep well.
    Anonymous

• My 16 month old wakes up around 7, takes his nap from 12:30-2:30ish and then goes to bed at 7. I would definitely move his naptime up. And then start a bedtime routine and stick to it.

Answer by missanc at 8:26 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Move his nap time to around 12-1, and make sure he's up by 3pm. I read somewhere that if the child sleeps past 3pm, it can cause them to not want to go to bed on time. Also, a bath before bed always helps, you can set up a bath/bed time routine. It really helps to make sure you're not watching movies and stuff until after you're sure he's asleep, it could be that he wants to see what's going on in the house, and is reluctant to sleep because no one else is.
    Pocketmouse

Answer by Pocketmouse at 9:23 AM on Apr. 12, 2010