Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

what do you make of this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Had to find it in the bible for others its Romans 13:1

I looked in The Message to see what it says there... interesting...
    1-3Be a good citizen. All governments are under God. Insofar as there is peace and order, it's God's order. So live responsibly as a citizen. If you're irresponsible to the state, then you're irresponsible with God, and God will hold you responsible. Duly constituted authorities are only a threat if you're trying to get by with something. Decent citizens should have nothing to fear

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:12 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I doubt it has to do with now days. For two reasons one being even if innocent of crimes you can be found guilty and punish. Two The anti-Christ is suppose to be a man of power. I think it more refers to the government of the kingdom of heaven then here on earth.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:52 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• It means that no matter who is in power, everything is within the power of God. We are to obey the law of the land where it does not conflict with the word of God. (Acts 5:29)
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 7:47 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• But when Sunday Law passes I will gladly die to obey God's commandment and worship God not Satan.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Sounds to me that someone is trying to shove their beliefs into my secular government.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I think it means something different to each person who reads it. I attended Catholic school and we studied Bible verses in our Relgion class. We were each asked what we thought a verse meant & why, some people had the same interpretation but others completely differed. Our 7th grade teacher, Sister Francesca(who was about 70 at the time) told us that every one who reads the Bible will come away with their own thoughts and opinions about what they think it means. And that was what was intended when it was written. That has always stuck with me. I haven't been a Catholic since the age of 13 yet I believe in God, just not organized religion. And I do not believe in mixing religion and government, that just makes no sense to me. Not everyone in the Untied States practices the same religion or is even religious, so why should it have anything to do with the government!
    Anonymous