seems our kids are not as emotionaly connected to the movies we grew up with

Bought the movie,,"Gone with the wind" over spring break. Dd and I have been watching red box movies every single night. I wanted to share with her a classic,,,and I bought this movie. I forgot how long it is,,really,,3 hrs and 40 min...dd was actually sitting on top of the arm of the couch towards the end. So,,now we own this movie that dd will probably never want to watch again,,,,this movie was shot in 1942, trying to pass it on to a generation who is so much farther advanced,,,oh fiddle dee dee,,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• the movie was shot in 1938 hun and was released in 1939...it won the oscar for best picture in 1940...just a fun fact...some just don't appreciate the classics
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:31 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• RATS,,why did I get stuck on 1942! Dang..thats also when I told dd Wizard of OZ came out,,,,dont stop me,,let me guess,,the Wizard of Oz came out in 39 as well,,,,come on over for popcorn gf,,,,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• yup...same year haha...it's easy to remember because "gone with the wind" beat "the wizard of oz" at the oscars in 1940. i absolutely love old movies
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:41 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• GWTW is 3 hrs and 39 mins TOO LONG! My sister likes that one and that horrible Wizard of Oz. Never understood what was so fantastic about either one of those movies. I honestly shudder at the thought of watching them.

Give me classic horror movies or slapstick comedies.

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:54 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• classic horror movies are the best...i wish movie makers today would learn from the classics. todays horror movies are WAY too hollywood...lots of fake blood and no plot...BORING haha....you'd probably enjoy the movie Martyrs, it's a very well made french horror film that came out 2 years ago...also gotta love abbot and costello
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:59 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I love old movies.. I know Gone With The Wind by heart.. Every line.. I own every Bette Davis movie, every Joan Crawford movie.. I never get tire of watching them..
    I'm not old, seriously :) Well, 36 isn't old right?
    LOL
    Mad_Hexer

Answer by Mad_Hexer at 5:04 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• My favorite movie of all time. I'm 34 so not my generation either. But i too watched that movie with my mom. When i lived at home i had pics of GWTW in my room to this day i have a blanket of the kissing scene with her and Brett near the end of the movie. I do wish kids could appreciate classics a little more too.
    New2Florida

Answer by New2Florida at 10:22 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Yeah, I tried to get my son to watch it and with that and Dr. Zhivago...he zoned out 30 minutes into them and told me that was the most boring crap he has ever had to sit through. LOL He will watch other old movies though.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:02 PM on Apr. 12, 2010

• My kids are 12,14 & 16 and they love movies I grew up watching. My 12 yr old son just watched Wait Until Dark with Audrey Hepburn and Alan Arkin and he wants me to buy it. They also enjoyed: To Sir,With Love, Guess Who's Coming to Dinner, To Kill A Mocking Bird, The Heart is a Lonely Hunter, The Birds, Night Gallery shows, etc. etc. They are open to pretty much anything I suggest. The same with books & even music. I love sharing all this with them and am glad they enjoy it too!
    Anonymous

• The absolute best old movies star Cary Grant. I love anything he is in. Bringing Up Baby, Bringing Up Baby, The Bishop's Wife, Arsenic and Old Lace, Father Goose, Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House, Indiscreet, Operation Petticoat, Houseboat, just to name a few.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:34 PM on Apr. 12, 2010