Had a car accident with my child. The insurance of the person who hit us paid us.

Am I requied to have my car fixed or is it okay to just keep the money instead? Anyway it's just a minor accident. Honestly, I'd rather just keep the money. Not sure if it's okay to keep it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Money & Work

• when that happened to us dh bought a system for the car. lol you can do whatever you want with the money
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• you are supposed to get it fixed. keeping the money is insurance fraud.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• its fraud unless the value of the car is less then what it takes to it

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Does the car pass inspection in it's current condition? If yes, all lights work, etc. you don't have to fix it you can take it as a payment for the reduced value of your car. If you have just one busted tail light or anything wrong with the engine, transmission, brakes or emissions system you have to fix it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 AM on Apr. 12, 2010