dont want to tell my mother in law im pregnant! just need to rant

My mother in law drives me crazy a couple weeks ago she really caused a huge fight between me and my dh she was telling him that i was cheating on him and she was telling me he brought a girl to her house which none of it was true
my sons 1st bday she took over put pics up of my dh and son and her and my son and pushed me away so i couldnt get into the pics or anything
she tells ppl im a bad mom and im lazy and dont take care of my son
WHICH I THINK IM A VERY GOOD MOM NONE OF THIS IS TRUE

and when her bf asked if i was pg she said YOU BETTER NOT BREED WITH MY SON AGAIN
she drives me crazy she just lost her husband a yr ago and i think she wants me and my hubby to break up so he can help her pay her bills b/c she blows her money on dumb things like (Gambling boat 2 times a month)

im so tired of her!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 AM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Relationships

• OMG and I thought my MIL was bad! I would just try to avoid her. It sounds like she is a bit unstable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:49 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• With a MIL like that don't bother telling her... get as far away from her as possible and work your butt off to get on the same page with you hubby on MIL issues. I have a horrible MIL and life was unbearable until we managed to become a united front, a team, in here eyes. Once that was accomplished she finally realized she wasn't going to get between us. Sorry your dealing with that, and congrats on your pregnancy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:57 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• she had a boyfriend while she was w/her husband i only knew my hubbys dad for 5yrs and i really truely feel like i was more upset then her.... i want her to be out of my life but my hubbys gma lives there and so does his brother so we go visit them

but anyways i know she says alot more about me b/c her mom tells me everything and when my mil goes on and on about something like my dh bringing a girl there his gma will tell her to shut up and quit lieing

but anyways i dont want to tell her im pg but i know i have too but i dont want her thinking she can TAKE OVER like she did w/my 1st child

should i tell her off i dont think she will try and work it out i dont see why she would try to break up her grand babies mommy and daddy

me and my dh HAVE A WONDERFUL relationship and she can try but its not going to happen:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:02 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I wouldn't tell her off. I would ignore her and avoid her. She wants you to get mad and upset don't give her the satisfaction. It will bother her more if you don't react. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:05 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I am curious as to why your husband allows her to treat you this way..
    Mad_Hexer

Answer by Mad_Hexer at 4:58 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• What does your DH have to say or do about her actions? I would hope he stands up to her on your behalf ! If not then I would expect him to speak up to this woman. She sounds very unstable and that she needs to be put in her place, In my eyes if your DH isn't willing to put her in her place then I would put her in her place and stand up for yourself. If she thinks and speaks out that your a bad mother then I would want t o let her know that she is wrong and make sure that she understands that she can't walk all over you. As you are allowing her to do with keeping your mouth shut.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:20 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Why does your DH allow her to act that way. Maybe you just need to not let her be around your family very much. You need to talk to your DH about this.

Answer by louise2 at 5:47 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Your dh needs to tell her that you are his WIFE - and he will NOT allow her to disrespect you or your family like that anymore. So, she has 3 choices - 1) figure out something about you that she likes, 2) suck it up and be nice /civil even if she doesn't like you, or 3) not see ANY of you anymore until she can do either 1 or 2.

He needs to ask her how SHE would have liked being treated this way by HER mil when she was raising him, - or, if she was treated this way, how she liked it...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:39 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• most of the things she does she makes sure she doesnt do in front of him! but he does know and we have quit going to her house as much and only go most of the time when shes working!!

thanks everyone
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• MIL are the WORST to tell they always say some rude comment to sour your good news!
    Anonymous