motor home trip around the united states

My dream is that I want to sell everything I own, buy a motor home and travel around the United States for a year or two, going to every living history museum I can find, and any other educational places to go to in each state. Has anyone else done this or is doing this now ? By the time I can afford this my older two children will be gone and I will just have my daughter and possibly my son. this will be probably in 3 years from now. Need tips and any ideas on how to do this and what the pros and cons are.

eblue3

Asked by eblue3 at 7:01 AM on Apr. 12, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You can make it happen or not. Believe in yourself and you will have the dream of yours come true.

My one question for you is what are you gonna do when you have been everywhere you want to go and your done and have no money left?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:13 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I can work while I am travelling so money won't be an issue. If I could not do that I would make sure I had money and a home to come home to after we were done travelling.
    eblue3

Answer by eblue3 at 7:21 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• My husband and I would love to do this too!! We homeschool so I would LOVE to be able to teach hands on while we travel. I can't see it happening any time soon though. Good luck to you, and I hope your dream comes true very soon!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:52 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• My grandparents did this for years. Every summer they would travel the country in their motorhome. The summer I was 8 and my brother was 10 we got to go along. We only went up and down the west coast and western states, but we had an awesome time. We did all those things you talk about: museums, parks, historical sites. I think you should definitely go for it!
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 9:04 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• My Aunt and Uncle did this, they sold their house and most of their stuff and bought a motor home. They lived in it for 3-4 years and then they bought a house for 'home base' and kept the motor home for when they wanted to come home and visit family. The biggest drawbacks were the space was limited, and with the 2 of them and their little dog she said they still felt like they were tripping over each other at times, and of course not much room for storage-- so she could not buy or take along a lot of things. Gas prices were higher then, so they spent a lot on gas. The plus side is they were able to see the USA and Canada (where uncle is from) and stop at whatever place caught their fancy.
    If that is your dream, I hope you can find a way to make it come true!!! I know I'd love to be able to travel and see some of the USA (told hubs that should be our retirement goal).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Apr. 12, 2010