How do we know they don't exist?????

I know most of you will say I am stupid or naive or ridiculous but I think kids should be allowed to believe in Santa Clause and the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny etc...!

I BELIEVE IN SANTA CLAUSE!!! And the tooth fairy and the easter bunny and so on!

The line from the Santa Claus movie with Tim Allen describes it perfectly IMO!

"Seeing isn't believing. Believing is seeing."

"Just because you can't see something, doesn't mean is doesn't exist."

So HOW DO WE KNOW they aren't real!!!

Just because YOU'VE NEVER SEEN THEM DOES NOT MEAN THEY AREN'T REAL!

Case in point: Opening your front door on Christmas morning to find a BAG FULL of gifts for your kids! Santa Claus EXISTS! Even if it's a Friend or Neighbor!!!

It's the SPIRIT of Santa Clause and The Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny, etc... that is REALLY what is important!
It's that spirit that makes the holidays worth having!

craftin4fun

Asked by craftin4fun at 7:33 AM on Apr. 12, 2010 in General Parenting

• I know they don't exist because I'm the one up at 100 am putting together bikes and putting things under the tree and filling Easter baskets and putting money under pillows. I just told my 8 year old the truth , her questions were getting more complex and I just could not lie anymore she is just too smart. Its the spirit of being with family and loving and enjoying each other not about gifts.

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 7:49 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I agree with you OP.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 7:52 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• well if their can be a big white man in the sky (god) that is supposed to be so great and work miracles blah blah blah then y cant there be a big white man coming down ur chimney to eat cookies and leave presents? ...!
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 8:13 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• But they do exist. I just know it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:19 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I agree with it's the spirit of santa, not neccessarily the actual fat man lol
    rowansmum

Answer by rowansmum at 8:38 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• I would prefer to believe in the cleaning elves. They sneak into your home at night and do all your housework. though I think they must not know where I live...
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 8:51 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• most people would consider your sentiments to be having faith in humanity.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• Agree with you OP.   giving mom gift

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• As a kid,I believed but when I went to school and started reading and learning,I didn't anymore. It is fun for a while but doesn't last forever. I only believe in what I can see and prove.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:15 AM on Apr. 12, 2010

• yes, the spirit and that is what i will teach my children, call me crazy or call me mean. But i don't want them to believe in all these people and find out Easter bunny, not real. tooth fairy, not real. Santa, not real. so is God real or is that another lie. For example with Santa i will tell my son (because this is what i think) Santa was a real man but he died and his spirit lives on within us all.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 9:28 AM on Apr. 12, 2010